"AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...." Australia by Amelei
Australia Travel Guide: 46,041 reviews and 118,275 photos
Although i have no background in this ancient culture, i want to dedicate my Australia Home Page to the ancient and wise ones of this beautiful land, the keepers of the great mysteries, the sacred elders of the four winds, the carers of the four legged, the two legged, the sea creatures and land animals.
O Great Spirit whose voice I hear in the winds,
I come to you as one of your many children.
I need your strength and your wisdom.
Make me strong not to be superior to my brother,
but to be able to fight my greatest enemy:
The hallmark of Aboriginal culture is 'oneness with nature'. In traditional Aboriginal belief systems, nature and landscape are comparable in importance to the bible in Christian culture. Prominent rocks, canyons, rivers, waterfalls, islands, beaches and other natural features - as well as sun, moon, visible stars and animals - have their own stories of creation and inter-connectedness. To the traditional Aborigine they are all sacred: environment is the essence of Australian Aboriginal godliness.
Out of this deep reverence for nature Aborigines learned to live in remarkable harmony with the land and its animals
(My mother the land)
Through a series of events that took place in the Dreaming the land was ready to be lived on and looked after by people. But there were none.
Walya-Nam-Adiki was a large female culture heroine who walked out of the sea again in the Northern Regions of Australia. She saw that the land was ready but no people. Walya-Nam-Adiki then met up with a tribal man of extreme importance and they discussed the predicament of having a land that was in abundance of animal and plant life but no people.
The consummating event took place and they had many spirit children. She told them to travel to all corners of this country and speak new languages, and develop land and water management practices to sustain them in their chosen areas, to develop social and kinship systems which would ensure their continuity of existence within their tribal boundaries.
- Pros:AUSTRALIA- Beaches- glorious! Layed back, easy going
- Cons:Dam mosquitos, we have lots of lovely creepy crawlers
- In a nutshell:Got to love it- You will love it!!!!
- See All JAH WORK- Harper/ Plunier
- See All MY INTRODUCTION TO MELBOURNE
- See All MEMORIES OF THE BORDER RANGES NATIONAL...
- See All GOOD OLD AUSSIE RODEO
- Not to my Knowledge- we're too cool for...
Amelei's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 62 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 62 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Slovakia Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- England Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Southern Thailand Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Thailand Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Croatia Intro, 1 review, 8 photos