"A Modern Old City" Riga by Ken-out-of-Bath
Riga Travel Guide: 1,537 reviews and 3,861 photos
I saw this nest of birds outside one of the fancy art shops in Riga. It's always a sign of a wealthy city when you see so many studios and shops that are selling ornaments.
Judging by the price of this piece I would say that Latvians have a healthy disposable income for luxuries...
Riga has a fine seafaring tradition and this impressive monument is to remind us of those lost at sea.
The style of the monument impressed me, and also tells more about Riga's previous connections.
Not really sure what this is all about but it is an impressive looking sculpture.
- Pros:A fantastic Old Town
- Cons:Too many Stag Parties
- In a nutshell:A great city brought closer by cheap flights!
As with all cities that are popular with tourists there are a lot of Buskers (and some less inventive beggars). The... more travel advice
At the top of the Latvija Hotel is the Skyline Bar. It's quite a good bar and the food is great but the best part is the... more travel advice
Ken-out-of-Bath's Related Pages
Riga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A few days in Riga"
- "Riga - biggest town in Baltic States"
- "Riga - the capital of Baltic's"
- "Riga Latvia"
- "ART NOUVEAU RIGA!"
- "Ice Cold in Riga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riga
- Hotels in Riga
- Transportation in Riga
- Nightlife in Riga
- Restaurants in Riga
- Shopping in Riga
- Warnings and Dangers in Riga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riga
- 9 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Riga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riga
Top 10 Pages
- Warminster Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stonehenge Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Novi Sad Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yerevan Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos