"The Lions of Longleat" Warminster by Ken-out-of-Bath
Warminster Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 108 photos
As with "The Eden Project" in Bodelva, Longleat "in" Warminster is probably more famous than the town in its address.
At least Longleat has Warminster in the Address which can be found on VT. The Eden Project's Postal town of Bodelva is not listed so you need to post the tip on the St Austell Page - which is more than a few miles away.
Longleat house is a Stately home in every sense of the word. The house and grounds are immaculate and extremely well maintained.
The Safari Park celebrates its 40th anniversary this year and I'm certain that the success of the Park has resulted in the high standard of upkeep of the House.
We visited Longleat on a really warm, sunny day. I was very grateful for the car's air-conditioning as we drove amongst the animals.
The Lions, who had to sit out in the heat, were understandably lethargic. We even saw pheasants (or a mid-meal snack if you are a lion) wandering around the lion's den.
The other animals were also content to just sit around in the shade, it may be better to visit in the Spring or Autumn.
Did you know that, on average, Longleat’s lions eat 40 tonnes of meat a year? This equates to 2 nine-stone people every day.
So please eat well before your visit if you intend to leave your car.
Also, for the arachnaphobes amongst you; did you know that all the spiders in the world weigh more than all the people in the world?
Longleat have a zebra called "Spot" but I never saw a leopard called "Stripey"
- Pros:Warminster - Close to Longleat
- Cons:Haven't visited for ages...
- In a nutshell:Worth a visit since the bypass was built.
All over the grounds of Longleat you will find some great works of art and statues. Although the recent acquisistions... more travel advice
Pet's corner gives kids of all ages the chance to get close to some wonderful animals - and some scary ones too! Don't... more travel advice
Ken-out-of-Bath's Related Pages
Warminster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Lions of Longleat"
- "Home of Longleat Safari Park"
- "Longleat Forest Centre Parc"
- "Pat meets Pat the Postman on Longleat Estate"
- "Longleat House, Warminster"
- "The reason why I went to Longleat"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warminster
- Hotels in Warminster
- Warnings and Dangers in Warminster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warminster
- 6 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Warminster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warminster
Top 10 Pages
- Warminster Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stonehenge Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Novi Sad Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yerevan Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos