"Home is not where you live..." Ken-out-of-Bath's Profile

...but where they understand you.

I like this...

"Home is not where you live but where they understand you"

I couldn't have put it better myself!

People

A man walking into town stopped when he saw a gardener in front of his house.

"Excuse me," said the man, "I'm just moving into the town because I have changed jobs. Could you please tell me what the people are like here?"

The gardener looked up and said, "Well, what were they like in your last town?"

The man said, "Oh they were great! So friendly, generous and helpful, I will miss them all!"

The gardener said, "Well, I expect you'll find them the same here."

Moments later another man, passing the garden stopped and said, "Excuse me, I am moving into the town, what are the people like here?"

Again the gardener said, "What were they like in your last town?"

The man said, "Oh, they were awful, cold people. They were mean and insular, I was glad to get away."

The gardener said, "Well, I expect you'll find them the same here...."

Suddenly Travelling is Twice as Nice

I love travelling, visiting new places, trying new food and drinking lots of different beers!

But now, since February 24th 2006, when Aleksandra and I were married, travelling is twice as much fun!

Sharing travelling with somebody you love has to be the best life can offer.

Volim te, moje Svasta......

Novi Sad, Serbia

Although I have visited some places more than once with my work I have never paid to visit anywhere twice...

...except for Novi Sad.

The main reason I love it so much is the people.

I have some great friends in Novi Sad. They are open, friendly and inviting. I can't think of anywhere I would rather be.

In England, when everybody has a fresh drink we all raise our glasses to the centre and say, "Cheers!" - to the glasses.

In Serbia everybody raises their glass to their friends, one at a time, looks them in the eye and says, "Ziveli!"

For me, that sums up the difference.

Andover

I am living in Andover at the moment. I moved here when I changed job so it wasn't really a free choice but I really like it!

I have finally written my Andover page! I don't expect a sudden rush of visitors or a VT meeting here but you never know!

Stonehenge (England)

Andover is well located for lots of great places to visit. London, Winchester, Salisbury, Oxford, Bath and Southampton are all within an hour.

But my favourite has to be Stonehenge which is less than 20 minutes away.
When I visit Stonehenge I can feel something physical, like a vibration in my chest. I could spend all day there.

Many thanks to Mariajoy who explained that the vibration is probably caused by the traffic on the main A303 road nearby...

Stonehenge (Armenia)

How many people knew that there is also a Stonehenge in Armenia?

The circle of stones is almost identical to the inner circle here.
The direct translation of the Armenian word for this circle of stones is "Stonehenge"!
The stones have holes bored through them so that stars could be lined up at specific times in the year.
They are both about 5000 years old.

Stonehenge (Siberia)

It seems that I am now collecting Stonehenges!

Many thanks to Lev_Nikolaievich for telling me about Stonehenge in Siberia.

Located about 15km outside the city of Abakan, you will need a 4x4 to get there!

One very large site comprising three concentric circles, the stones are all of differing sizes.

I may soon need to have a separate page just for Stonehenges!

• Intro Updated Aug 2, 2006

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Hey Ken, "Happy Birthday" with all my best wishes ... :)

• Fergie01's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Just got your post on my profile..just bought a property..needs work..trying to live the dream - baby steps...liking living down near the sea..Devon is so different from where we rented in Suffolk..both nice places! have a good summer & happy travels.

• sui123's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2010 at 4:16 AM

Happy Birtday Ken...Win the national lotery mate....it is my wish for your Birth Day...

• Neilzonwheelz's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Hi Ken, Jeez these birthdays don't slow down do they! Well it's a good excuse to celebrate, have a good one and many more. Keep on rolling...

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I wish we had a stonehenge in Australia but I don't think we do.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Happy Birthday - have a great day. I used to live near Winchester and had friends in Andover!

• Jun 22, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Thanks Ken! I was celebrating the solstice at Stonehenge (UK ;-)) Hope you're having a great weekend! Maria

• JessH's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2008 at 5:47 AM

Hello Ken. I really enjoyed your homepage info and gorgeous photos. Greetings from the desert / Jess :-)

• mandybailey's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Thanks Ken. Have you ever been to Croydon?! It's not the most picturesque of places to be honest!

• WorldMeet2008's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2008 at 11:03 AM

"We have to get to know each other better, it makes us understand one another better, trust each other more, and live together more peacefully". ("United Buddy Bears" project). *** H-A-P-P-Y ** N-E-W ** Y-E-A-R !!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!