"Home is not where you live..." Ken-out-of-Bath's Profile
I like this...
"Home is not where you live but where they understand you"
I couldn't have put it better myself!
A man walking into town stopped when he saw a gardener in front of his house.
"Excuse me," said the man, "I'm just moving into the town because I have changed jobs. Could you please tell me what the people are like here?"
The gardener looked up and said, "Well, what were they like in your last town?"
The man said, "Oh they were great! So friendly, generous and helpful, I will miss them all!"
The gardener said, "Well, I expect you'll find them the same here."
Moments later another man, passing the garden stopped and said, "Excuse me, I am moving into the town, what are the people like here?"
Again the gardener said, "What were they like in your last town?"
The man said, "Oh, they were awful, cold people. They were mean and insular, I was glad to get away."
The gardener said, "Well, I expect you'll find them the same here...."
I love travelling, visiting new places, trying new food and drinking lots of different beers!
But now, since February 24th 2006, when Aleksandra and I were married, travelling is twice as much fun!
Sharing travelling with somebody you love has to be the best life can offer.
Volim te, moje Svasta......
Although I have visited some places more than once with my work I have never paid to visit anywhere twice...
...except for Novi Sad.
The main reason I love it so much is the people.
I have some great friends in Novi Sad. They are open, friendly and inviting. I can't think of anywhere I would rather be.
In England, when everybody has a fresh drink we all raise our glasses to the centre and say, "Cheers!" - to the glasses.
In Serbia everybody raises their glass to their friends, one at a time, looks them in the eye and says, "Ziveli!"
For me, that sums up the difference.
I am living in Andover at the moment. I moved here when I changed job so it wasn't really a free choice but I really like it!
I have finally written my Andover page! I don't expect a sudden rush of visitors or a VT meeting here but you never know!
Andover is well located for lots of great places to visit. London, Winchester, Salisbury, Oxford, Bath and Southampton are all within an hour.
But my favourite has to be Stonehenge which is less than 20 minutes away.
When I visit Stonehenge I can feel something physical, like a vibration in my chest. I could spend all day there.
Many thanks to Mariajoy who explained that the vibration is probably caused by the traffic on the main A303 road nearby...
How many people knew that there is also a Stonehenge in Armenia?
The circle of stones is almost identical to the inner circle here.
The direct translation of the Armenian word for this circle of stones is "Stonehenge"!
The stones have holes bored through them so that stars could be lined up at specific times in the year.
They are both about 5000 years old.
It seems that I am now collecting Stonehenges!
Many thanks to Lev_Nikolaievich for telling me about Stonehenge in Siberia.
Located about 15km outside the city of Abakan, you will need a 4x4 to get there!
One very large site comprising three concentric circles, the stones are all of differing sizes.
I may soon need to have a separate page just for Stonehenges!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 61 Reviews
- 278 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 21 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on one of Ken-out-of-Bath's Barcelona travelogues
- Ken-out-of-Bath and Fen are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Novi Sad Forum "Exit: Hot or Not?"
- updated a Swanage Travel Page "The English Seaside at its best"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Views of Belgrade"
- Wrote a Review Longleat: Hidden Delights about Longleat Other Attractions in Warminster Things to Do
updated their Profile Page "Home is not where you live..."
Top 10 Pages
- Warminster Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kiev Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stonehenge Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Novi Sad Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yerevan Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos