"Going back home" Apaneca by elchillywilly

Apaneca Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 17 photos

My Parents Home town

I took this trip to Apaneca after 13 years in the states. The nostalgia meter was reving hot when I got there. I took my family (wife and son) to meet the rest of my mother's family living there. This was a great return and I am planning to visit there more often now that I am out of school and have a real job to pay for travel expenses.

My sister just came back from a 2 week trip there this past november and she brougth back some amazing pictures of the fiestas in Apaneca. i will try to get some pictures from her and post them here. If you are planning to visit Apaneca, November is a good time if you want to experience the local Fiestas. The fiestas are culminated by a 2 day trip on foot or horse back to fetch the Saints that are celebrated and the nigth of the arrival is expectacular.

The picure was taken on the dirt road that takes you to the Laguna Verde. We were comming from a hike to Finca Las Ninas; the site of my parents future retirement home.

• Pros:Quiet, pleasent people, nice hikes
  • Cons:no nigth life, except for Fiestas time
  • In a nutshell:Apaneca is a picturesque town full of friendly people and nature is in full display there.
  • Last visit to Apaneca: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 17, 2004

• Apr 22, 2009 at 9:31 PM

hey what part of apaneca you are from? I was born in that city but i grow up in la capital, but i just to go every year in cortar cafe and I know lot of people from that city my cousins still living at there.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 7:39 AM

I plan to visit Apaneca, but unfortunatly not in November, but I guess it will be nice anyway!

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Apaneca

Have you been to Apaneca?

Latest Activity in Apaneca