Buenos Aires Hotel Tips by ddbleu
Buenos Aires Hotels: 28,394 reviews and 369 photos
A nice old building but pretty basic. No air conditioning and no screens on the windows so the mosquitos will eat you up at night. It was loud in the early morning as they started preparing breakfast. The "private" bathroom is down the hall so it kind of defeats the purpose. I stayed here the first two nights I was in B.A. hoping to meet other travelers since I was on my own. No luck, everyone stayed to themselves.
Unique Qualities: Good location, you can walk all over Palermo Viejo from there. Patricia was very nice and helpful in arranging for a tango dinner show. The front door is kept locked for security, which seemed like a good thing. I paid $35/night U.S. for a single. I was able to book the Castelar for the same cost later in my trip and was a lot more comfortable there.
Address: GURRUCHAGA 2155, Buenos Aires, BU 1425
Comparison: about average
Directions: Palermo Viejo
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
I stayed here 5 nights in Feb. 2005 and loved it. I booked my single room online through hotelscentral.com for $35/night U.S. My room didn't have a view but had all the amenities. It's also air conditioned and you really need it in the summer. I would definitely stay here again.
Unique Qualities: The breakfast buffet is wonderful (included) with eggs, fruit, pastries etc. The staff is bilingual and very helpful in assisting with tours and transportation. The location is very central and you can walk all over from the hotel. The use of the spa is included, separate for men and women. Sauna, steam and turkish bath. They provide lockers, robes, towels. I got a 30 minute massage which wasn't the best I've ever had, but hey, for $33 pesos, who can complain?
You even get cable TV with lots of channels, some in English with Spanish subtitles...a great way to practice your Spanish.
Address: AV DE MAYO 1152, Buenos Aires, BU 1007
Comparison: about average
Directions: Downtown, within blocks of Florida St., Teatro Colon, etc.
Other Contact: hotelscentral.com
More Reviews (16)
- A grand old theater turned into a...
- See All Kilkenny Pub
- See All A lot of shows to choose from
- Go right to the Manuel Tienda Leon stand
- See All Great afternoon stop
ddbleu's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Explore the World
- Renaissance Toronto Hotel At SkyDome
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
- Excalibur Hotel Casino
- Embassy Suites Hotel Anaheim-North Located near Disneyland Park
- Florida Tenerife Hotel
- Motel 6 Bozeman
- Marriott Phuket Beach Club
- JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue
- Holiday Inn Garden Court Oudtshoorn
- Sandals Emerald Bay
- Sheraton Bilbao Hotel
- Superclubs Breezes Curacao
- Holiday Inn Khajuraho
- Punta Cana Resort & Club
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 18 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Commented on one of ddbleu's Buenos Aires travel pages
- Posted in Travel Lago Titicaca Forum "Re: Lake Titicaca or the Amazon?"
- Wrote a Review A grand old theater turned into a bookstore in Buenos Aires Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shop around in La Boca for the best prices"
- updated a Buenos Aires Travelogue "My Adventure in Tigre"
Photos in Buenos AiresSee All Photos (16)
Read real reviews about Buenos Aires Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grand Canyon Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Mazatlán Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Ecuador Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Cataratas del Iguazù Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Uruguay Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Peru Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Morro Bay Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- Park Elegance Kempinski Hotel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2013
- Hotel Sheltown
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2012
- Marriott Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
- 516 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Four Seasons Buenos Aires
- 365 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2013
- Wilton Hotel Buenos Aires
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- The Cocker
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- Alvear Palace
- 279 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 3, 2013
- Sheraton Libertador Hotel
- 299 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Hotel Globales Republica Wellness & Spa
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Kempinski Park Central Hotel Buenos Aires
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires
- 248 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- 263 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Kempinski Chateau Park Plaza Hotel
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Microtel Inn & Suites Buenos Aires
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 8, 2013
- Tulip Inn Principado Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 28, 2012
- La Boca- 122 Reviews, 221 Photos
- Recoleta- 157 Reviews, 230 Photos
- San Telmo- 136 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Plaza de Mayo- 136 Reviews, 202 Photos
- Recoleta - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 44 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Puerto Madero and Catalina's- 67 Reviews, 117 Photos
- Florida Street- 44 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Tango- 49 Reviews, 64 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 48 Reviews, 83 Photos
- El Obelisco- 53 Reviews, 67 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do