"Keep this a secret!" Punta Allen by hotsauce28
Punta Allen Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
I wasn't about to tell you guys about this place because it hasn't been overrun by tourists.... yet....
In Tulum, someone told us to drive to the end of the road to find a jewel.
So we drove, through the Si'an Ka'an biosphere, crossed the bridge and there it was!
A small fishing village of 500 population (so they say. I say 25), quiet, friendly, sort of that summer camp feel. Everyone seems to know everyone else and if you don't, they invite you to "pull up a stump".
The only negative was that we found this village at the end of our trip.
Wonder what'll happen to the place in a few years..
- Pros:Very relaxing!
- Cons:The tour buses are coming!
- In a nutshell:I thought I'd died and gone to Mexican heaven.
Very basic, no frills. Just a lot of beer and really good food! When we were there, it was filled with locals (so you... more travel advice
hotsauce28's Related Pages
Punta Allen Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Punta Allen
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Punta Allen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Punta Allen
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 9 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Owen Sound Intro, 4 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Augustine Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cabo San Lucas Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Israel Intro, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tulum Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lake Nipissing Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Mizpe Ramon Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Guatemala City Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue