"Am I available?" Italy by mle267
Italy Travel Guide: 69,660 reviews and 186,719 photos
In 2002, my uncle asked if I was available to travel to Italy with him and my grandmother. I, of course, immediately made myself available...Who wouldn't for a no-expense trip to Italy? Until I get my scanner up and working I will borrow others' pictures...
I had never been to Europe, with the exception of a long lay over in Amsterdam, of which I remember little...so when my uncle asked me to go, i was psyched. I spent the first 4 days in Rome, with a friend who (when drunk) I had convinced to buy a ticket and come to Rome for the weekend. She was less than thrilled the next morning when she recieved her email confirmation!
After recovering from the plague I caught in Rome I headed off to the town of Salo on Lago di Garda for some R&R with my uncle and grandma. We visited the home of my uncle's good friends Alessandro and Livia. Yup- this is the home. Not too shabby huh?
- Pros:the food, the espresso, the people and mmmmm....gelatto...
- Cons:a bit pricey for someone used to 3rd world travelling
- In a nutshell:Italy- it's for lovers, and families, and eaters...and hell...it's for everyone!
Check out the cat sanctuary at the Torre Argentina ruins. It was amazing...you sort of go underground and there is a cat... more travel advice
mle267's Related Pages
Italy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buongiorno Italia, Ti amo Italia"
- "ITALIA - PREGO!"
- "Italia - awakens passion, gives life & confidence"
- "Italia nel cuore"
- "Italy wishlist"
- "The Many Faces of Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Italy
- Hotels in Italy
- Transportation in Italy
- Nightlife in Italy
- Restaurants in Italy
- Shopping in Italy
- Warnings and Dangers in Italy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Italy
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Italy
Top 5 Pages
- Panama Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Argentina Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Buenos Aires 1 review, 4 photos
- Italy Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 1 review, 2 photos