"More than airports..." Queens by mle267
Queens Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 208 photos
If you are an Argentine ex-pat, a wanna be Argentine, or just love great cheap beef- the Esquina Argentina is for you. The neighborhood is a bit gritty at night, but quite accessible off of the 7 train out of Manhattan. There are several restaurants and panaderias (bakeries) that make you feel like you have been zapped into Buenos Aires somehow. My favorite is called El Gauchito- but there are several places right on the corner of 94th Ave. and Corona Ave. The closest subway stop is Junction Ave- you walk about 5-6 blocks away from the elevated tracks- and then get ready to eat!
- Pros:Argentine dishes, Argentine company, at half the price of the places in Manhattan!
- Cons:Not the best neighborhood in the area- but not terrible either!
- In a nutshell:La Esquina Argentina- when you need a good beef and alfajor!
mle267's Related Pages
Queens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Softer Boro"
- "Multi-cultural Queens"
- "Scenes From Queens"
- "A Day In Queens"
- "Streets of Queens"
- "Queens- the outer borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Queens
- Hotels in Queens
- Transportation in Queens
- Nightlife in Queens
- Restaurants in Queens
- Shopping in Queens
- Warnings and Dangers in Queens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Queens
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Queens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Queens
Top 5 Pages
- Panama Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Argentina Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Buenos Aires 1 review, 4 photos
- Italy Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 1 review, 2 photos