"I'm being followed by a balloon shadow..." Montisi by skywalkerbeth
Montisi Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos
... is the website owned by Robert Etherington. I found this out by chance as I researched Fun Things to Do on my trip to Italy this year. Since I'm "miss adventure girl" I decided this was a must do. I fly planes but I've never been in something so peaceful and serene before! Planes, especially the little ones I fly, are loud herky-jerky things... this was a slow gentle glide. ahhhhhhhhhh
the night before the adventure I did a dry run from Pienza to Montisi just to make sure I could find it at 530 AM without running all over. I asked a couple walking along the road if they knew where to find the farm. I didn't have my directions but I have a really good memory. I just couldn't find his balloon sign! I ended up speaking in French to them (my Italian hasn't improved with several years of neglect) and found that I was about 10 yards from his house. doh!
Liz the next day said the gentleman called her (they are friends) and went on and on about his "encounter with the blonde". ar ar ar.
as we took off I remarked that it reminded me of the penultimate scene in the Wizard of Oz, with the loud blowing gas/fire and the serene yet inexorable glide upwards...
from my favorite movie of all time.. filmed here... the English Patient.
- Pros:Gentle, rolling hills. friendly people. wine. food.
- Cons:How could there be any?
- In a nutshell:When will I go back?
Montisi is so tiny, this may be the only little cafe in town! It was a great spot to relax and have a cup of coffee... more travel advice
skywalkerbeth's Related Pages
Montisi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome To Montisi"
- "I'm being followed by a balloon shadow..."
- "Off the Beaten Path in Tuscano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montisi
- Hotels in Montisi
- Nightlife in Montisi
- Restaurants in Montisi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Montisi
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Montisi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montisi
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isle of Skye Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Napier Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos