"I love Shenzhen but i scare of the Kid Begger" Shenzhen by hash09
Shenzhen Travel Guide: 482 reviews and 1,216 photos
On my first arrival here actually from Hong Kong and i wanted to get to Guangzhou, i had to cross the boarder and get the train from shenzhen to Guangzhou. I was chicken out to cross the boarder but i was lucky to meet a guy from Taiwan, we met at Victoria harbor on new year eve in Hong Kong, the night before i leave for Mainland, China. It was him also to one who notice that i was separated from my friends and cant get to the harbor for new year celebration, so he help me out with calling my friends and tells that i was stuck at harbor barrier. (Limited crowd to be at the harbor), so i thank to Ryan for helping me out and i am so happy that i met Ryan, even the communication between us aren't that good, but we talk and we communicate as he speak a little of english. It so sad that the last note was actually the last talk i had with him. I wish to meet him again and return the favor someday
The Actual visit or shall i say the official visit to shenzhen was 2 days after i visited Guangzhou, in north of guangdong territory. From Guangzhou to Shenzhen take about 2 hours by speed train. and on that train people looking at me differently and some just smiling at me and try to communicate with me, i guess it because i look asian but i am not chinese, it was nice when the local seems to welcome you but sometimes the language barrier always making people different in another perspective of understanding with one another. They dont speak english and they dont speak my language either but i still love the fact that they try to help and communicate with you.
Soon when i arrived to Shenzhen terminal, i straight get to the information counter and tell them where i wanted to go for hotel stay, so they tell me the direction. I was expecting the place was close by from shenzhen town and lots of crowd where i will be feel save from being alone or anything like that but, it was beyond my expectation. The "youth Hostel" i am looking for was actually about 20 mins ride by town train, and walk about 10mins from the train (thats not including lost and taking taxi) so more or less it took me almost an hour to find the hostel. I was tired, but im happy to get to the hostel before dark.
On that day, i woke up very early, it was at 8.30am, I was still tired over dragging my huge luggage and my backpack, it... more travel advice
hash09's Related Pages
Shenzhen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "shenzhen adventures"
- "Shenzen - Economic liberation"
- "Fuyong & Shenzhen - Trip to the Pearl River Delta"
- "A work related trip"
- "Shenzhen = $ Shopping $"
- "My first bussines trip to China"
- "Shenzhen (深圳)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shenzhen
- Hotels in Shenzhen
- Transportation in Shenzhen
- Nightlife in Shenzhen
- Restaurants in Shenzhen
- Shopping in Shenzhen
- Warnings and Dangers in Shenzhen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shenzhen
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Shenzhen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shenzhen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 35 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 32 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos
- Batu Caves Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- Negeri Pahang Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Kapas Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos