"Local are still struggling for their life" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phi Phi Don by hash09
Ko Phi Phi Don Travel Guide: 490 reviews and 1,399 photos
Before i get here, i always expecting a cheap thing, because there are not many people would like to stay here for a few nights, most people prefer to have a day tour here because the island are not as big as krabi or phuket and not many thing to do, but still, there are a lots of thing to say when you get here and stay here, get to know the people and listen to their experience.
When i fist stap my foot here, i can feel the factor from the thsunami hits, i felt touch when i saw the area, people are still struggling for their life and people still cry for their lost. The conversation i had with "beck" which is a local guy from phi phi, it really touch, he is a brave men, and his about 1 year younger than me, but his carry on his life after lost a lots of thing and including lost the one he love. I admire him as a person and his experience of life.
When i get to the island, the fist thing i wanted to see is their beaches because i heard they have beautiful crystal clear water, but before i found the beach, i found the tsunami memorial park, I did droped my tears even i was standing there for less than 3 mins, just by seeing the pictures of people who have lost their life there during the stunami hits on 26th Dec 2004. Its really toughing for me to be there and i can cry out loud if i standing there for longer.
I always had fun with a boat journey, i was alone, but i wasn't exacly alone, I was sitting next to a couple from england whom came to phuket just to visit their son who had a year world tour. As always, people always have thing to say..... he was starting with greeting for the beggining of the day "good morning" i love to reply with smile and say, "good morning, how are you ?"....and then we had great conversation and talk about the manners of thai people. After a while we had conversation, came a chinese girl sit between us and again, we had a great conversation with 3 different people from 3 differents countries.
An english men have told us, that if he ever say hello to people who pass him by back in england, they will reply with a weired face and walk even faster, they might think that he is a crazy men who talk to a stranger.... he have told me that, even neighbourbood did not know each other even they live next door for ages, and he think here in phuket are awesome because people are very friendly and never have their nose up... that is quite strange for me as i think back about the way of living in malaysia are totally different then his life in england, the neighbourhood here can just give a greeting and straight step into the house without asking for a permission to get in, and even a kids around my house, prefer just step into the house and sit with us to watch TV if the main door is open... Then i offer him some help with throw the platic on his hands, and he even supprise with my action, and i told him that i will be out to enjoy the sea journey. After a few mins, he came to me and sit next to me with his wife, then again we talk about people culture and his culture, talk about what we been doing for a living and such.. then came a chinese girl sit between us (of course she ask for a permission before she did so). Since the chinese girl sit next to me, i was asking her if she came alone and such, and then the 3 of us had a great conversation about the people and the tourist from america (according to this Mr, they are so rude and he even play back how he saw this american attitude) As always, i dont think all people are like that, but some are...
Along ton sai bay, there are a lots of bars, it also has a lots of restaurent which just a step to the beach area. When... more travel advice
To see the area of Ton sai bay area you can see it from phi phi view point area, you have to climb the hills for about... more travel advice
hash09's Related Pages
Ko Phi Phi Don Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Local are still struggling for their life"
- "Phi Phi Island - Hidden Jewel in the Andaman Sea"
- "Phi Phi Islands"
- "Beautiful Ko Phi Phi Islands"
- "Phi Phi & Khai Island"
- "An island paradise(lost?)"
- "Where Are You Going? To The Beach!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Transportation in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Nightlife in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Restaurants in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Shopping in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Phi Phi Don
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Phi Phi Don
- 35 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ko Phi Phi Don?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Phi Phi Don
- updated a Ko Phi Phi Don Travel Page "Local are still struggling for their life"
- Posted in Travel Osaka Forum "Re: Backpack area in Osaka town"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Phi phi Don"
- Commented on one of Jmill42's Ko Phi Phi Don travel pages
- Wrote a Review "Beck" favourite Songs in Ko Phi Phi Don Local Customs
Photos in Ko Phi Phi DonSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 35 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 32 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 21 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos
- Batu Caves Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos
- Negeri Pahang Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Kapas Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos