"Where to Next?" peggydaly's Profile
Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth. --Watts
I come to California by way of Texas. I love my new stompin' grounds! But you know what they say about not being able to take the country out of the girl :). I think the open places I grew up with, combined with the open minds I surround myself with now, have served me well.
After visiting my sister in Africa in the early 90's, I got the travel bug for good (I got a few other bugs that fortunately didn't last so long :). And the rest is history.....
ps - this pic is at Gruene Hall in TX and YES that IS a Shiner Bock in my hand :)
Of Oakland, Gertrude Stein once said "There is no there there". I could not disagree more. Lake Merritt, at Oakland's center, is flush with wildlife (it was the first officially designated "wildlife sanctuary" in the country). It has recovered well after a few tough decades!
There is an incredibly diverse group of people calling Oakland home. Different cultures, races and interests abound!
Here is a pic that was taken at this years Ethiopian new years celebration at Lake Merritt park.
I read a nice travel quote that I try to apply to every aspect of life: "If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears." Cheers!!
"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it." How convenient that I live so close to the fabulous wine country of California!
My personal favorite is the Russian River Valley. My favorite winery to visit there is Hop Kiln. Best winery picnic spot is at Lambert Bridge. It has a lovely view of the valley. One can stop by the river for a refreshing swim, too.
The Russian River wineries are more laid back, generally do not charge for tastings (nor does one often have to elbo in to the tasting table). How can one go wrong visiting a valley who's motto is "We don't spit, we swallow"!!??
This pic was taken outside of the Rabbit Ridge winery after I fit 9 cases of wine in my Mini Cooper and still had room for me and 2 passengers.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 75 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Commented on one of peggydaly's Panamá City travel pages
- Wrote a Review To Bocas del Drago by Bus/bushtaxi from Bocas Town in Bocas del Toro Transportation
- updated a Barga Travel Page "Sidetrip to Barga"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Best Picnic Spot at Armida Winery"
- Posted in Travel Panamá City Forum "Reggaeton in Panama"
updated their Profile Page "Where to Next?"
Top 10 Pages
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Panamá City Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bocas del Toro Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Valladolid Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Montezuma Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Panama Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Ensenada Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Sonoma Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Cobá Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Portobelo Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos