"~~~~~~ Wild In the Country ~~~~~~>" Top 5 Page for this destination Warwickshire by ElaineCatherine
Warwickshire Travel Guide: 867 reviews and 2,215 photos
Some say Warwick castle is a bit 'touristy' and expensive (I think it was 14pound) - I agree, but it is still so worth it. The castle walls are just amazinly restored and preserved, and Madame Tussards has done some figures for inside the house to represent certain historical figures. That is very interesting.
The town of Warwickshire is also really interesting to walk around. The buildings are very varied and are beautiful. Many remnants of the castle can be seen through out the town still. Warwick has lots of great antique shops and good places to eat, parking isnt too much of a nightmare either.
Not in Warwickshire, per se. But fairly nearby. If you go ever find yourself going thruogh the Cotswolds please do yourself a favor and go through the village of Broadway. You may enter by descending "Fish Hill" Which I could not stop thinking of as "Fish Kill Hill" - but perhaps that was my friend's driving! he he he. Then you'll go by Broadway Tower. Which is definatly worth a stop. I didnt, but when I got home and looked it up I wished I did. Then you'll descend into the village. The buildings are a patina of warm cotswold stone, covered with years of ivy growth. The sidewalks are wide for strolling and there are many nice shops.
A really great market town. It has lots of great pubs and shops, and lots of Cotswold character. You can take the train from here to get to lots of other places in the Cotswolds.
- In a nutshell:Goooooorrrgeous.
Here's a picture of the beautiful graveyard. I know it's weird, but I like looking at stuff like this while away. more travel advice
ElaineCatherine's Related Pages
Warwickshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More Than Shakespeare"
- "~~~~~~ Wild In the Country ~~~~~~>"
- "Warwickshire: Where the Castles Are"
- "Shakespeare's County"
- "Warwick Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warwickshire
- Hotels in Warwickshire
- Transportation in Warwickshire
- Nightlife in Warwickshire
- Restaurants in Warwickshire
- Shopping in Warwickshire
- Warnings and Dangers in Warwickshire
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Warwickshire
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Warwickshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warwickshire
- Posted in Travel Gettysburg Forum "Re: Questions about a trip to..."
- Commented on one of stevezero's Warwickshire travel pages
- updated a Warwickshire Travel Page "~~~~~~ Wild In the Country ~~~~~~>"
- Uploaded a Photo to "~~~~~~ Wild In the Country ~~~~~~>"
- Wrote a Review The Plough Inn in Warwickshire Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- New Hampshire Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philadelphia Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warwickshire Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Dublin Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Cancún Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Top Warwickshire hotels
- Stratford-upon-Avon Hotels
- 374 Reviews - 1096 Photos
- Warwick Hotels
- 234 Reviews - 493 Photos
- Kenilworth Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 110 Photos
- Ryton on Dunsmore Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 2 Photos
- Rugby Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 33 Photos
- Royal Leamington Spa Hotels
- 108 Reviews - 171 Photos
- Nuneaton Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 3 Photos
- Broom Hotels
- 1 Review
- Henley in Arden Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 31 Photos
- Bidford Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Alcester Hotels
- 11 Hotels