"~~~~~~ Wild In the Country ~~~~~~>" Top 5 Page for this destination Warwickshire by ElaineCatherine

Warwickshire Travel Guide: 878 reviews and 2,231 photos

Warwickshire and Beyond into The Cotswolds

Some say Warwick castle is a bit 'touristy' and expensive (I think it was 14pound) - I agree, but it is still so worth it. The castle walls are just amazinly restored and preserved, and Madame Tussards has done some figures for inside the house to represent certain historical figures. That is very interesting.

The town of Warwickshire is also really interesting to walk around. The buildings are very varied and are beautiful. Many remnants of the castle can be seen through out the town still. Warwick has lots of great antique shops and good places to eat, parking isnt too much of a nightmare either.

The Village of Broadway

Not in Warwickshire, per se. But fairly nearby. If you go ever find yourself going thruogh the Cotswolds please do yourself a favor and go through the village of Broadway. You may enter by descending "Fish Hill" Which I could not stop thinking of as "Fish Kill Hill" - but perhaps that was my friend's driving! he he he. Then you'll go by Broadway Tower. Which is definatly worth a stop. I didnt, but when I got home and looked it up I wished I did. Then you'll descend into the village. The buildings are a patina of warm cotswold stone, covered with years of ivy growth. The sidewalks are wide for strolling and there are many nice shops.

Moreton-in-Marsh

A really great market town. It has lots of great pubs and shops, and lots of Cotswold character. You can take the train from here to get to lots of other places in the Cotswolds.

• In a nutshell:Goooooorrrgeous.
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2005

• geoveo's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2007 at 9:39 AM

As from July 1st 2007 all smoking will be banned from pubs, in fact anywhere indoors in the whole of England (expect one's own home).

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2005 at 5:07 AM

Enjoyed your Warwick page. I live in Warwick, Rhode Island! Your cemetary pic is a good one. Thanks for your visit to my Homepage.

• Mar 8, 2005 at 5:17 AM

Ah, wonderful Warwick! Yes, I agree, I enjoy seeking out the odd bits...and that often includes graveyards, they are so old and interesting in England!

• londonlover's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 8:03 PM

Great page on my favorite little section of England! I came into Moreton-in-Marsh on the train, but didn't stop there long enough. Beautiful little doll house museum!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 7:47 AM

Very good tips and photos on your Warwickshire page! Belas Knap sounds like an interesting spot, I never even knew it existed! Your pub tips are making me hungry now!

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 5:16 PM

Wow. Looks like the Quintessential Quaint English village. Beautiful!

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 12:47 PM

Its years since I went to Shakespeare country. Yes people can smoke in some restaurants although not for long, the government is going to ban it, the next thing will probably be drinking alcohol in pubs!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2005 at 2:36 PM

I loved the thatched cottages and Warwick Castle as well, even if, after a whole day there, my last bus did not arrive and I had to hitch a lift back to Coventry.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2005 at 6:19 PM

Lovely page, Elaine. The cottage suggestion seems like a great idea!

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2005 at 10:03 PM

Very interesting, Elaine. You experienced the English sheep up close and personal, and a cottage in the English countryside! Awesome! I hope you tried the Cream Tea. It is "Goooorgeous!" ~Elaine~

ElaineCatherine

“"Leave the beaten track behind occasionally and dive into the woods.....”

Badges & Stats in Warwickshire

Have you been to Warwickshire?