"Cancun" Cancún by ElaineCatherine

Cancún Travel Guide: 1,963 reviews and 3,972 photos

The Beach or La Playa

We stayed at Adventura Spa Palace, and I highly recommend it. The service was amazing, and the rooms were gorgeous and the food was great. Only thing is, is that a big hotel like that doesnt have the Mexican culture atmosphere. But we went to Chichen Itza and Tulum and some markets, and were ablet to experience some real culture as well as practice our Spanish a bit. We sat on the beach alot. Here's me with yet another drink from the bar.

Chichen Itza

This is the big famous pyramid at Chichen Itza. The one that most people go to see, I think. You can climb up to the top on two of the sides. I understand that that will no longer be allowed in a couple of years. It was truly an amazing experience. To think of walking where ancient people walked so long ago, upon this amazing wonder of a building. It's not just a building, It's a massive calendar. The view from the top is gorgeous. It's worth the hike in the heat.

• Pros:It's hot
  • Cons:It's really hot
  • In a nutshell:Go!!
  • Last visit to Cancún: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 31, 2013

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2005 at 10:21 AM

Great Mexican Riviera photos! We just came back from the Yucatan too, but did not make it to the Playa del Carmen side. Isn't swimming in Mexico lovely? Makes the heat bearable.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 4:38 PM

Hey, what is your husband doing with my T-shirt on!! Beaut photo of Tulum from it's beach, we regret that our tour did not allow the time for us to make it down to the water!

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2005 at 12:51 PM

Beautiful photos. I'm planning to go in May. Thanks for these images.

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2005 at 12:10 AM

Thanks for your support Elaine! Its hard quitting...but I am trying real hard!! I too stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace! Its amaaaaaaazing! Loved it....Ali xx

• clairegeordio's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 1:16 AM

Thanks for visiting my Avebury page! Yes, it is a lovely place. Nice Cancun page - I will be visiting Playa Del Carmen in August. Also planning on visiting Chichen Itza and Tulum - beautiful pictures, hope to see more!!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2005 at 4:50 AM

Ok I beleive it is Beeeeaaaauuuuttttiiiiifffffuuuulll LOL

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 8:08 PM

My wife & I visited Cancun in 1982 on our first overseas trip together. (Her first airplane flight, too.) Had a blast. Tell hubby to go get 'em. 32 years in health care has made me respect cancer survivors immensely. : )

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2004 at 3:47 PM

Glad you had a great time... wish your husband the best in his battle!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2004 at 2:38 PM

sad reason to travel, hope your mate is doing well. best wishes.

ElaineCatherine

“"Leave the beaten track behind occasionally and dive into the woods.....”

Badges & Stats in Cancún