"The Long Awaited Ski Vacation to Die For" Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway by ElaineCatherine

North Conway Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 218 photos

Taking A Break

So This is the Long Awaited Ski Trip!! It was me and a bunch of great friends. Most of us were from New Hampshire, but we were lucky enough to have a visitor come to ski with us all the way from England! It was 7 Days away from home, no kids, no husbands, no worries, no cooking, no stress!

Lots of skiing, good dinners out, shopping, laughing, and hot-tubbing!

We skiied all day at Mount Cranmore, one of the ski areas local to North Conway, New Hampshire. It was 55 degrees the days we skiied and it truly doesnt get any better that that in New Hampshire.

My friend Sue and I are taking a little break here!

Waiting on the Lift Line

It was such a warm day that the slopes were a bit packed.. Here is Graham and my bestest Friend Shelley waiting in the lift lines... but the lift lines are run so well at Cranmore that we didnt wait long even so!

Downtown North Conway

The downtown are of North Conway is filled with adorable little shops for everyone's tastes. A favorite shop of mine is Zeb's where you can get - well you can get all sorts of things there, it is impossible to describe the merchandise, old fashioned candy, soaps, soup spice, mugs, pottery, iron works! Everything!

There is also a very picturesque train station in town, and an ice skating rink as well.

There are also many restaurants from gourmet, casual, family, bars, everything you can imagine. It is really an adorable perfect quintessential New England Town

• Last visit to North Conway: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2005

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 5:28 AM

gawd, i miss my sking. you are making me deeply envious. regards. sb

• johncudw's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 7:45 AM

What mountain does Bretton Woods ski area go up on? That place where I took the photo was near a snowmobile trail. They went by right near us.

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 7:15 AM

I went in summer but like N Conway alot

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2005 at 3:15 PM

Skiing is fun! Does the little cabin on the right have a hot tub? Not sure I could ski without a hot tub - Need something to regenerate sore muscles. Ayuh, I would never tease a NH'ite. :-P

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2005 at 3:47 AM

No husband, children & cooking for a week sounds absolute bliss! lol. Sounds like you had a fun time Elaine, lovely page (~_~)

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2005 at 6:39 AM

Nice to see where you went skiing Elaine, hotels a bit pricey but the cabin looks lovely, could maybe afford the little one on the right - lol

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2005 at 3:32 AM

Very lovely, I like the way you wrote the tips Elaine dear ;-D

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 2:54 PM

Back for another visit...cking. out the tips and of course, voting!

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 11:30 AM

Wow! I really missed out on a great time! Thanks for the invite, I hope to make it up that way one day. Great page! ~Elaine~

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2005 at 9:08 AM

Looks like you had a Great time Elaine -- even If you did give poor old Graham a hard time for indulging in his habit !! -- Cracking pics too !!

ElaineCatherine

“"Leave the beaten track behind occasionally and dive into the woods.....”

Badges & Stats in North Conway

Have you been to North Conway?

Latest Activity in North Conway