"Our First time In London" London by ElaineCatherine
London Travel Guide: 23,057 reviews and 47,246 photos
Things I learned about London: It looks alot like Boston. The food doesnt suck as bad as everyone says it does. The coffee is great. You cant bum cigarettes from people, they are way to 'deah' over there. British people are absolutely adorable and friendly. And it is bone-chillingly cold in February. But it is so worth it. I cant wait to go back!
I have wanted to see the Tower of London as long as I can remember. So when my sister and I went to London, of course this was #1 on my list. We took the tube to get there, which was very easy.. and walked under the highway to get there. It's quite expensive, but we definatly enjoyed it. Like anything though, the fun is what you make of it. We had a good time giggling and laughing and trying to sneak cigarettes out of my sisters purse.
It does close early in the winter so plan accordingly. I understand that there can be long lines and it can be quite crowded in the summer too.
The buildings are just massive and ancient, and filled with history, and they do a good job with signs and tours to share the information about the buildings and the history. Do take a tour guided by one of the Beefeaters. The Bloody tower is very interesting.. and the Crown Jewels are nice. A bit ostentatious for American taste, but lovely to see just the same. The braver amongst us really loved the torture chambers too! When I was there deep in the chamber, a young boy walked over to me and leaned against me, thinking I was his mother, I guess.. so yea, it was a bit scary! It made me miss my own children though.
It was everything Id imagined it would be.
Inside the Tower of London. You can see some of the Tudor style buildings behind us. And you can also see that sometimes the sun does shine in England. Yay!
- Pros:- I mean, Hey.. It's London!
- Cons:There's nothing bad about it.. It's magical
- In a nutshell:Cant wait to go again
i was very unsure as to whether to put this tip into a "must see" or an '"off the beaten path" - because it really is... more travel advice
We visited Westminster Abbey and saw the Houses of Parliment and Big Ben. It was so amazing, we came out of the tube... more travel advice
ElaineCatherine's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "London, Misty Albion"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- New Hampshire Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Philadelphia Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warwickshire Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Dublin Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Cancún Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (14)
Latest London hotel reviews
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens
- 191 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Radnor Bayswater Hotel London
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2012
- Twenty Nevern Square
- 346 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Grand Palace Hotels
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: May 21, 2012
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Brompton Hotel London
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- King William IV
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Lime Grove
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Americana Hotel
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- My Place
- 169 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Ibis Portsmouth Centre
- 347 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Raglan Hotel London
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- The Albany Hotel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 19, 2010
- Swissotel The Howard London
- 4 Reviews & Opinions