"Malaysia... it isn't only jungle!" Kuala Lumpur by Azul_Planeta
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 5,996 reviews and 13,514 photos
Welcome to capital of Malaysian Federation - Kuala Lumpur!
Once it was small hamlet on coast of Brown river (it mean Kuala Lumpur), and now it's one of the main economic centers of our world.
On April 15, 1996, the Council on Tall Buildings named the Petronas Towers the tallest in the world, passing the torch to a new continent. Although the project's developers, a consortium of private investors in association with the Malaysian government and Petronas, the national oil company, had not originally set out to surpass Chicago's Sears Tower, they did aspire to construct a monument announcing Kuala Lumpur's prominence as a commercial and cultural capital. In the design of American architect Cesar Pelli they found a winning scheme-twin towers of elegant proportions with a slenderness ratio (height to width) of 9.4-that would capture not only the title but the public imagination.
- In a nutshell:It's a great place!
Azul_Planeta's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- State of Sabah Intro, 29 photos, 5 travelogues
- Samburu Game Reserve Intro, 29 photos, 5 travelogues
- Poyakonda Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 19 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Sarawak Intro, 19 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues