"INVERELL...(meeting place of the swan)" Inverell by Tattugran
Inverell Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 45 photos
Inverell is a very popular place to go if you want to experience country hospitality, beautiful climate, and a vast open country side. It is a favorite amongst many travellers who want to try their hand at fossicking because this is where you may be lucky and find a saphire or two. Inverell is also well known for its water sports and fishing. There are arts, crafts (with an accent on aboriginal culture) and antiques that you can buy there.
Inverell is 489 Km south west of Brisbane or 675 Km north west of Sydney. You can reach Inverell by car, plane, or the many coaches that pass through there from all states of Australia.
Inverell is known for its old buildings which doesnt surprise me since it had its beginnings back in the early 1800s.
The above photo is of the Town Hall which is situated on Otho St The town Hall was opened in August 1905 so you can imagine how old and beautiful the building is and as you can see very well maintained
This is one of the many churches in the town.This one is the Uniting Church and is situated on River street. I love this church .it is so old and reaps of history .
- Pros:the friendly people and the country lifestyle
- Cons:it gets very cold in winter.
- In a nutshell:Country living at its best with heaps of activities.
A PLACE TO DINE AND MEET THE LOCALS The RSM club is a great place to go and relax for any weary traveller or visitor.... more travel advice
Tattugran's Related Pages
Inverell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""MEETING PLACE OF THE SWAN""
- "Not quite a destination"
- "INVERELL...(meeting place of the swan)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Inverell
- Hotels in Inverell
- Restaurants in Inverell
- Warnings and Dangers in Inverell
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Inverell
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Inverell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Inverell
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Laidley Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Tamborine Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Inverell hotel reviews
- Best Western Top Of The Town
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013