"A LITTLE ABOUT LAIDLEY" Laidley by Tattugran
Laidley Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 22 photos
Laidley is a rural shire of 694 sq kms with a population of approximately 13,500, located 85 kms west of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Long before white settlement, the area around Laidley was occupied by the Kitabul tribe of Aborigines. The Kitabul were one of six tribes known as the Birren people who had a share in the area west of the Darling Downs.
Evidence of their long occupation is to be found in many areas including engravings showing the Rainbow Serpent and other symbols of the Spirit World near Black Duck Creek.
Today, Laidley Shire continues to experience strong growth and is changing from predominantly rural to a more closely settled rural residential environment.
Today Laidley is known for its produce in the area. They farm all verieties of fruit and vegetables that are transported Australia wide .as well as other stuff like vegetables[http://www.lockyervalley.com/index.html] Lockyer Valley
Since this is my home page I thought "why not put a picture of my home up here" so here it is .the place I call home
Well this is our back yard. When you take a walk around here you never know what you will find....lizards snakes frogs In the early morning you just may come across some Kangaroos or bunnies.
- Pros:The laidback lifestyle. The friendly people.
- Cons:the heat in summer...... can reach about 40deg C
- In a nutshell:country living .... relaxing, friendly people
Ready for some gravity powered adventure. Check out the jump options then give them a call. Jump from a beautiful... more travel advice
Although the Australian Magpie is generally quite tame, during the breeding season some individuals become aggressive... more travel advice
Tattugran's Related Pages
Laidley Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Laidley
- 17 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Laidley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laidley
Photos in LaidleySee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Laidley Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Tamborine Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos