"MOUNT TAMBOURINE" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Tamborine by Tattugran
Mount Tamborine Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 211 photos
Being bored one day we decided to get on the trike and take a run. We ended up at Mount Tambourine and enjoy the peace and quiet so much decided to spend a night there.
Mount Tamborine is the most northerly plateau, positioned directly west from Surfers Paradise. The Gold Coast is a comfortable 40 minutes drive from the Mountain. Brisbane, the Capital city of Queensland, is about a 1 hour drive away. The nearest International airport is Brisbane, however National travelers tend to land at Coolangatta airport, about 45 minutes drive from the Mountain.
The attractions of the district are the beautiful views which exist on both sides of the ranges, the number of rainforest areas with quiet streams and attractive waterfalls and the many craft and antique shops, galleries, wineries, tearooms and restaurants of the area's villages which attract an artistically/craft-oriented community and a tourism focus.
Some of the birdlife we came across includes peacocks.
Bush turkeys can be found everywhere and they seem to think they own the place :)
- Pros:THE BEAUTIFUL SCENERY, THE TRANQUILITY,
- Cons:IT CAN GET COLD IN WINTER
Not only can you go here for wine tasting but also an enjoyable meal. We had a pie. Expensive but nice.I say expensive... more travel advice
For those with a sweet tooth enter this shop and feel your mouth water. They had so many varieties of fudge it was hard... more travel advice
Tattugran's Related Pages
Mount Tamborine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE GOLD COAST HINTERLAND"
- "MOUNT TAMBOURINE"
- "Beautiful Mt. Tamborine"
- "A wonderful hinterland"
- "Mount Tambourine"
- "Tamborine Mountain Open Gardens 2009"
- "Mount Tamborine – A cool place to escape"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Tamborine
- Hotels in Mount Tamborine
- Restaurants in Mount Tamborine
- Shopping in Mount Tamborine
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Tamborine
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mount Tamborine
- 9 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Mount Tamborine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Tamborine
Photos in Mount TamborineSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Laidley Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Tamborine Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos