"HAT YAI" Hat Yai by Tattugran
Hat Yai Travel Guide: 379 reviews and 718 photos
Hat Yai is well known for its shopping and restaurants, with hundreds of street stalls, huge modern department stores and more restaurants than you can count, from the simple street vendors to the many hotel and garden restaurants.
Hat Yai lies in the south of Thailand 50 km north of the Malaysian border.
As much as we enjoyed the shopping .. the jewelery in particular we wont go back to Hat Yai because we felt we were intruders. For example we would walk into a shop and they would look at us and give us a weird look then walk away and not serve us.....we did notice we were the only westerners in the whole place.. and I can understand why. We did not get a good reception.
It takes about 2 hours by bus from Satun.
while in Hat Yai be sure to have a bowse around all the street stalls. You can find EVERYTHING there..... nuts....... more travel advice
Recommended by LONELY PLANET ROUGH GUIDE AND MOON TRAVEL They claim to serve more food then any other pub. Open Daily... more travel advice
Tattugran's Related Pages
Hat Yai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hat Yai"
- "Southern Thailand"
- "Sawadeeka Hat Yai"
- " Hat Yai - Gateway to Southern Thailand "
- "Hat Yai....."
- "Can't avoid the place !"
- "Jennifer's Hat Yai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hat Yai
- Hotels in Hat Yai
- Transportation in Hat Yai
- Nightlife in Hat Yai
- Restaurants in Hat Yai
- Shopping in Hat Yai
- Warnings and Dangers in Hat Yai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hat Yai
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Hat Yai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hat Yai
Photos in Hat YaiSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Laidley Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Tamborine Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos