"LANGKAWI .WHERE THE HEART IS" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi by Tattugran
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide: 1,522 reviews and 3,903 photos
Langkawi is a communty of fisherman and rice farmers.Located off the northwest coast between Phuket and Penang the people are influenced by many cultures. They are friendly , laidback and take pride in the island and their way of life Throughout Langkawi you will be met by friendly smiles of people who have a genuine interest in all visitors and welcome the opportunity for a chat and laugh. Langkawi consists of 99 tropical islands off the north western coast of Peninsular Malaysia. We felt it is the closest thing you can get to paradise on earth.We stayed at Langkawi for 6 nights and loved it.The country side is unspoiled which means the scenery is lovely.To get around we hired a scooter which proved to be very economical. We went to the cable cars at oriental village but the winds were so strong they werent running the day we were there so we missed out. But we were lucky enough to go on them on our second visit. The brave ones were Verne and Steve .
Take a drive around the island .it is so relaxing and you feel like you have stepped back in time. You will come across many little villages like this one.
When we were there this time we experienced a bit of rain but that didnt hinder our plans to really enjoy ourselves. Even when it isnt raining it seems to be always green . Like the last two times we have been there.
- Pros:The friendly people, the untouched landscape.
- Cons:Sorry couldnt come up with any
- In a nutshell:Paradise on earth
This was a very relaxed restaurant. You walk up stairs and sit and watch the sea. The staff are very friendly and the... more travel advice
Nestled upon a hilltop in Teluk Yu,about 45 minutes from Kuah along the northern coast of Langkawi island is the Craft... more travel advice
- See All LOTS OF SMELLY DELIGHTS
- See All EXPLORING THE RAIN FORESTS.
- See All PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
- See All RIDE THE WAVES
Tattugran's Related Pages
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Langkawi - Historic Mythical Island"
- "LANGKAWI .WHERE THE HEART IS"
- "Pulau Langkawi"
- "Where heaven and earth meets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Langkawi
- Hotels in Pulau Langkawi
- Transportation in Pulau Langkawi
- Nightlife in Pulau Langkawi
- Restaurants in Pulau Langkawi
- Shopping in Pulau Langkawi
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Langkawi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Langkawi
- 35 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 72 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Pulau Langkawi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Langkawi
Photos in Pulau LangkawiSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 35 reviews, 75 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Penang Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Laidley Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Tamborine Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montville Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Hat Yai Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos