"Nanjing - City of Rich History" Nanjing by chatterley
Nanjing Travel Guide: 489 reviews and 1,286 photos
Nanjing is a city that is rich in history. It was the capital city for 10 different dynasties and governments of China, including Chiang Kai-Shek's Kuomingtang government. During the Sino-Japanese war, the city fell to the enemy troops, and it was estimated that hundred thousands of local Nanjing people were killed in the historical event which is now known as the "Rape of Nanjing".
The sights we saw in Nanjing include:
Zhonghua Gate (Zhonghua Men)
Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge
Jade-carvings and Crystal Exhibition
Fuzi Temple Shopping District
When shopping at the Fuzi Temple District, be wary of pickpockets. They usually operate in pairs. Our tour guide... more travel advice
Xuanwu Lake is situated on the northern part of Nanjing. The name "xuanwu" refers to the black tortoise, and is a symbol... more travel advice
chatterley's Related Pages
Nanjing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nanjing..Ming Tombs.. or 2046"
- "Nanjing - the ancient capital"
- "My unexpected trip to Nanjing"
- "Paul2001 to Lovely Nanjing"
- "The Southern Capital"
- "Nanjing - Surprising capital of the South"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nanjing
- Hotels in Nanjing
- Transportation in Nanjing
- Nightlife in Nanjing
- Restaurants in Nanjing
- Shopping in Nanjing
- Warnings and Dangers in Nanjing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nanjing
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nanjing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nanjing
Photos in NanjingSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 52 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 48 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 35 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Jeju-do Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Nagano Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue