"Wuxi - City without Tin?" Top 5 Page for this destination Wuxi by chatterley
Wuxi Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 184 photos
"Wuxi" literally means "no tin" in Chinese. It is said that this land used to produce tin, but over-mining has depleted the tin mines, thus the name "Wuxi".
Wuxi is also famous for producing "Zisha pottery". "Zisha" is a type of clay used in making zisha teapots, which are renowned for their high quality.
The itinerary in Wuxi includes:
Li Lake (Lihu) - bay of Tai Lake (Taihu)
The Taihu Film and TV Studio
Zisha Arts Gallery
Freshwater Pearl Cultivating Farm
Chinese Foot and Body Massage
Li Lake (Lihu) is a bay of Tai Lake (Taihu). Tai Lake is a huge lake, about 400 times the size of Singapore. The Li... more travel advice
Cao Cao, being the ruler of Wei, has a huge warship. This model has two levels - level one is the deck and level two is... more travel advice
chatterley's Related Pages
Wuxi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""No Tin"... But There Is Sunset!"
- "Pearl of the Taihu Lake"
- "Wuxi (no tin) - Is there any Tin now?"
- "Wuxi - City without Tin?"
- "Sharrie's Wuxi Progress"
- "The first return after 13 years"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wuxi
- Hotels in Wuxi
- Transportation in Wuxi
- Nightlife in Wuxi
- Restaurants in Wuxi
- Shopping in Wuxi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wuxi
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Wuxi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wuxi
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 52 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 48 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 35 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Jeju-do Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Nagano Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue