Nagano Hotel Tips by chatterley
Nagano Hotels: 183 reviews and 18 photos
the breakfast spread
We payed an extra 1300 Yen per person to have breakfast at the ryokan. 1300 Yen is for the Japanese set, while 800 Yen will get you the western breakfast set.
The breakfast was prepared by Mrs Yumoto, the owner's wife and it was good and filling, including rice, miso soup, grilled fish, pickled vegetables etc. Great start for the day ahead.
Our room (303) @ Shimaya Ryokan
Shimaya Ryokan is very highly rated by its guests on the website, so we decided to book our stay with them. The ryokan is very cosy and the owners are very nice and friendly, giving us lots of information (on where to eat for lunch and dinner, what to see and buy in Nagano City etc), even giving us free rides to and from the Snow Monkey Park. When there were fewer guests around at the ryokan in the morning, Mr Yumoto also arranged for us to use one of their public baths as a private one.
The room we stayed in was on the 3 floor. It was a traditional Japanese room where we slept on the tatami floor (with mattress and blanket warmers). Our room came with its own attached toilet and bathroom.
The ryokan is located within walking distance to some cheap and good restaurants, and also convenience stores. It is an 8-minute walk to the Yudanaka local train station.
Unique Qualities: The best thing about staying at this ryokan was the hospitality shown to us by the owners, and the free transport to the snow monkey park. It was a great experience!
Address: 3075 Hirao,Yudanaka-onsen,Yamanouchi-machi, Shimotaki-gun, (Jigokudani - Monkey Park), Yudanaka Spa Resort, Nagano, Japan 381-0401
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (16)
chatterley's Related Pages
Nagano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nagano Livin'"
- "Hakuba and Nagano City"
- "Snow Monkeys"
- "Skiing at Nagano"
- "Nagano - Snow Monkeys, Soba and Miso Ice Cream"
- "Ski The Far East"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagano
- Hotels in Nagano
- Transportation in Nagano
- Nightlife in Nagano
- Restaurants in Nagano
- Shopping in Nagano
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagano
- 18 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nagano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagano
- Posted in Travel Singapore Forum "Re: Smoke in Singapore"
- Wrote a Review Winter Resorts about Shiga Kogen Skiing in Nagano Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Yudanaka-Shibu Onsen Resort"
- updated a Nagano Travel Page "Nagano - Snow Monkeys, Soba and Miso Ice Cream"
- Commented on one of mmlyang's Nagano travel pages
Photos in NaganoSee All Photos (24)
Read real reviews about Nagano Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 52 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 48 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 35 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Jeju-do Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Nagano Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue