Bali Tourist Trap Tips by chatterley
Bali Tourist Traps: 111 reviews and 70 photos
Turtle Island - not worth the time and money! It's a HUGE tourist trap, nothing much to see (except some poor animals being trapped in cages). We were cajoled into buying a necklace ( the lady asked for 60,000 rp, but we bargained down the price to 30,000 rp). To our horror, we saw the EXACT same necklaces being sold at the Matahari Dept Store for only 5,000 rp a piece!
Before leaving the Island, we were also asked to give a donation to help in their work of "animal welfare". Ridiculous!
Unique Suggestions: If you really have to visit Turtle Island, try not to buy anything from the souvenir stall! Overpriced items galore!
More Reviews (30)
- See All Bali Collection @ Nusa Dua
- See All Great Luxury Resort in Nusa Dua
- See All Ceremonial Processions and Balinese...
- See All Balinese Painting
chatterley's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharing my experiences Under the Bali Sunshine"
- "Bali, A Travel to Island Of Paradise :"
- "Bali, Indonesia..."
- "Bali - Island Beauty"
- "...stranded between heaven and earth"
- "BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons"
- "Bali - Home of the Gods (& mischievious monkeys)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 31 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 52 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 48 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 35 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Jeju-do Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Nagano Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue