"BALI (Dec 2004 and 2010)" Bali by chatterley
Bali Travel Guide: 6,867 reviews and 17,777 photos
Lots of our friends advised us against visiting Bali (due to the bomb blast tragedy), but we went anyway. And we were so glad we did! Bali has a lot to offer tourists: sun, beaches, beautiful architecture, natural landscape, and cheap shopping!
We spent a total of 8 days in Bali, and each day was filled with fun as we explored places of interest. We watched the sunset at Pura Luhur Uluwatu, ate fresh seafood on the Jimbaran Bay, visited the musuem at Ubud, and sunbathed at a Nusa Dua beach...
The shopping was also a HUGE attraction! We really had to exercise a lot of self-control, or we would end up buying everything we see! We came home with lots of homeware (placemats, incense, pretty handmade soaps etc)!
To sum it up, we would definitely visit this place again!
We are intending to do a different set of itinerary for this 2nd trip to Bali, slightly off the beaten path. We had already seen most of South Bali during our last trip (Uluwatu, Tanah Lot, Kuta etc). For this trip, we will be staying in Nusa Dua and travelling northwards to:
Bedugul (Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, Jatiluwih rice terraces, Taman Ayun Mengwi)
Kintamani (Pura Ulun Danu Batur, Tirta Empul Holy Springs Temple, Gunung Kawi)
Let's hope we'll have enough time to see a waterfall at Git Git or Munduk...
And we are "reserving" two full days for spas and pampering! Yay!
- Pros:Friendly people, beautiful temples, cheap bargains
- Cons:The mosquitoes!!!
This restaurant serves some Western and Italian (pasta) fare. Like the other restaurants located in the Bali Collection,... more travel advice
This place serves the usual local fare, as well as some grilled stuff. There was an ongoing happy-hour promotion for... more travel advice
- See All Great Luxury Resort in Nusa Dua
- See All Ceremonial Processions and Balinese...
- See All Balinese Painting
- See All Mount Batur (Gunung Batur)
chatterley's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharing my experiences Under the Bali Sunshine"
- "Bali, A Travel to Island Of Paradise :"
- "Bali, Indonesia..."
- "Bali - Island Beauty"
- "...stranded between heaven and earth"
- "BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons"
- "Bali - Home of the Gods (& mischievious monkeys)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 31 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 52 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 48 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 35 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Jeju-do Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Nagano Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue