Penang Hotel Tips by chatterley
Penang Hotels: 307 reviews and 429 photos
The bright and spacious hotel room
The hotel was chosen due to its location on the beach. We reached the hotel hot and tired (as we had been walking in Georgetown that morning for sightseeing), but the view from the lobby perked us up. The lobby is huge, and just across the hotel pool, we could see the beach and sea!
Our room was very spacious and clean. Although the view was nothing to shout about (we took a Hill View room on the Beach Wing, instead of a Sea View room), the location was convenient. Just across the street was the Batu Ferringhi bus terminus for the Penang Rapid Bus Service and there were also taxis available from the hotel reception counter. Right outside the hotel was the Night Bazaar where hawkers sell stuff. We also found many restaurants and mini-marts within walking distance.
Unique Qualities: The room was large and very spacious, and the service was good. We had welcome drinks and complimentary fruits upon check-in, and complimentary copies of the local newspapers every morning. We found the staff to be very professional and friendly.
The room had adequate facilities (King-sized bed, ironing board and iron, hair dryer, safe, robes etc).
Most importantly, the good location was what won us over (access to beach, easy access to stores and buses etc). Would definitely stay in this hotel again if we visit Penang.
Address: 72 Batu Ferringhi, Georgetown, Penang, 11100, Malaysia
Price Comparison: about average
chatterley's Related Pages
Penang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Penang - Prince of Wales Island"
- "Penang - my birthplace"
- "colourful FUSION of culture"
- "Penang for Foodies"
- "Penang My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Penang
- Hotels in Penang
- Transportation in Penang
- Nightlife in Penang
- Restaurants in Penang
- Shopping in Penang
- Warnings and Dangers in Penang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penang
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penang
Read real reviews about Penang Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 52 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 48 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 35 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Jeju-do Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Nagano Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
- Penang Hill (Bukit Bendera)- 89 Reviews, 190 Photos
- Kek Lok Si (Buddhist) Temple- 69 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Beaches in Penang- 24 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Reclining Buddha temple (Wat Chayamangkalaram)- 36 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Gurney Drive (sea-watch & hawker food)- 19 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion- 35 Reviews, 63 Photos
- The Botanical Gardens (monkey park)- 26 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Khoo Kongsi (Khoo clan temple)- 42 Reviews, 72 Photos
- KOMTAR- 13 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Burmese Temple (Dhammikarama)- 37 Reviews, 79 Photos
See All Penang Things to Do