"Penang - Street Food Paradise" Penang by chatterley
Penang Travel Guide: 2,478 reviews and 5,340 photos
5 - 7 September 2009
Hubby's got a one-day leave from work, so we decided to make use of the weekend to travel. We left Singapore on Saturday early morning flight (yeah, it was really early, our flight was at 7.00 am, and we arrived in Penang at 8.10 am) and returned on Monday morning.
We were having a hard time deciding between staying at Georgetown (where all the action and sights were) and Batu Ferringhi (beach). In the end, we chose the latter and booked a Beach Wing room at the Holiday Inn Resorts. The hotel was located right on the beach, and this view (refer to picture) was what we enjoyed.
The sight-seeing places we visited were:
Khoo Kong Si (also known as Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi)
Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion
Penang Butterfly Farm
Penang Toy Museum
and the Batu Ferringhi Beach (plus its night bazaar)
and we gorged ourselves silly with these food:
Kway Teow Th'ng (Pitt Street)
Penang Laksa (Gurney Drive Food Centre)
Char Kway Teow (Gurney Drive Food Centre)
Wan Ton Mee (Gurney Drive Food Centre)
Oyster Omelette (Gurney Drive Food Centre)
Tow Huay aka Beancurd Jelly (Gurney Drive Food Centre)
Seafood at a local restaurant named Eden (Batu Ferringhi)
and since the meals in the hotel were very expensive, we ate our breakfast at this joint called 'Jewel of the North', which was quite popular (Batu Ferringhi)
This shop sells Indian, Western and local food, e.g. lassis and Tandoori (Indian), Omelettes and Fish & Chips (Western),... more travel advice
I wanted to try this dish, but didn't find it much to my liking. The omelette was a bit too salty and oily for me.... more travel advice
chatterley's Related Pages
Penang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Penang - Prince of Wales Island"
- "Penang - my birthplace"
- "colourful FUSION of culture"
- "Penang for Foodies"
- "Penang My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Penang
- Hotels in Penang
- Transportation in Penang
- Nightlife in Penang
- Restaurants in Penang
- Shopping in Penang
- Warnings and Dangers in Penang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penang
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penang
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 52 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 48 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 35 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Jeju-do Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Nagano Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue