"A-Li-Shan: A 3-Day 2-Night Adventure" Top 5 Page for this destination A-li-shan by chatterley
A-li-shan Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 152 photos
Our package to A-Li-Shan included accommodation at a homestay, meals (dinner on Day 1, breakfast+lunch+dinner on Day 2 and breakfast on Day 3), transport to the Alishan National Scenic Area, admission tickets and guided tour. Our guide is the son of the homestay's owner. The homestay is located in the mountains, about 1000 - 1300 m above sea level, and the view is beautiful! The homestay overlooks a tea plantation.
We bought the High Speed Railway (HSR) tickets from Taipei to Chiayi at the Taipei Main Station. Each ticket costs NT1080 (one-way), and we were assigned seats. With the HSR, it took only 90 minutes to get to Chiayi! The train was very clean and comfortable.
After reaching Chiayi, our guide came and picked us up and we started the tour. We went to places such as the Fen Qi Hu Scenic Area, Alishan Forest Reserve etc. We also went into the forest at night to look at "flying squirrels" and fireflies. Our guide was very knowlegable, and he entertained us with lots of anecdotes and stories.
The meals we had during the tour was good. Breakfast and dinners were cooked by the homestay's owner, and all ingredients used were fresh local produce. We were even treated to dessert - green bean soup on our last night at the homestay! The homestay owners also own a tea plantation, and we got to drink the famous Alishan Mountain Tea every day.
- Pros:Great, Cooling Air and Nice Scenery
- In a nutshell:A good getaway from Taipei city!
We saw red maple leaves on Alishan, and some wild cherry blossoms. The cherry blossom is a major attraction every March,... more travel advice
Our guide brought us to this place (Ai Yu Bo's House) to eat our railway lunchboxes and to enjoy a cooling desset - Ai... more travel advice
chatterley's Related Pages
A-li-shan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alishan (阿里山)"
- "A-Li-Shan: A 3-Day 2-Night Adventure"
- "Alishan - Sunrise, Cloud Sea & Mountain Train"
- "The Enchanted Forest"
- "Taiwan is really beautiful!"
- "Storyin Alishan"
- "Journey to A-Li-Shan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in A-li-shan
- Hotels in A-li-shan
- Transportation in A-li-shan
- Nightlife in A-li-shan
- Restaurants in A-li-shan
- Shopping in A-li-shan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in A-li-shan
- 13 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to A-li-shan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in A-li-shan
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 52 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 48 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 35 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Jeju-do Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Nagano Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue