"Winter Sonata" Seoul by chatterley
Seoul Travel Guide: 3,194 reviews and 8,333 photos
That trip was my first winter adventure. I had a urge to visit Korea after watching the super tear-jerker drama serial "Winter Sonata". The winter scenery simply mesmerised me. So, I went down to the tour agency and promptly booked a tour, dragging my poor hubby along. He was not too keen about this trip, but eventually, I think he found it quite enjoyable (especially the 1-day skiing programme).
We spent quite some time preparing for this trip (actually, it was just me....I spent lots of time shopping around for nice winter wear... ), and although we spent quite a substantial amount of money, I thought it was a fun and enjoyable process.
The tour took us to the usual sights - as well as skiing in Yong Pyong Resort, Mt Sorak, Everland etc.
We re-visited Seoul (also went to Jeju for the first time) in December 2012. Travelled independently by ourselves, using our guidebooks and travel planner and tips from VT. Saw lots of things and places that we've missed out in our 2003 visit - Myeongdong, Insadong, Namsan Tower, some of the smaller palaces etc. And we got to stuff ourselves silly with all the good food! Dumplings! BBQ pork! Marinated raw crabs...! Gained a few pounds!
If we were to ever go back to South Korea for another trip, we would definitely want to see places like Busan, Suwon etc.
- Pros:All those yummy Korean food! Friendly locals and great shopping too!
- Cons:Long queues at theme parks, crazy traffic jams in cities
We went into the tea house as it was raining when we were visiting Insadong, so we wanted a place where we could sit and... more travel advice
We had dinner here - ordered Beef BBQ and Shabu Shabu (boiled beef and vegetables served in dipping sauces) and Gajang... more travel advice
chatterley's Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 24 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
Photos in SeoulSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 53 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 52 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 48 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 35 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Jeju-do Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Nagano Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue