Nassau Nightlife Tips by XanderDone Top 5 Page for this destination
Nassau Nightlife: 19 reviews and 25 photos
Junkanoo at the Fish Fry
Every Sunday night, there is a Junkanoo fesival here at the Fish Fry in the Junkanoo Pavillion. What it is is the people in big sparkly costumes with flamboyant feathers and rhinestones clad to their headdresses playing local music and practicing for the Junkanoo competition in December. It is a year-round event that happens, and you will see returning champions perform here with their man-made goatskin drums (if you're lucky enough, you may even witness a goat sacrifice for the use of the skin to make another drum). Truly a sight to see, I wouldn't miss it for the world if you had the opportunity to see it.
Dress Code: Very casual, fun-loving atmosphere, suitable for the whole family
Address: West Bay Street
Directions: Fish Fry, just South of Arawak Cay
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (30)
- See All Western Esplanade
- See All Upscale to Dirt-Cheap
- See All King Street... A Parking Lot??
XanderDone's Related Pages
Nassau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nassau - Capital of the Bahamas"
- "Islands in the sea"
- "Happiness is Quite O-Cay"
- "My Wonderful trip to Nassau"
- "Pics from diving the reef"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nassau
- Hotels in Nassau
- Transportation in Nassau
- Nightlife in Nassau
- Restaurants in Nassau
- Shopping in Nassau
- Warnings and Dangers in Nassau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nassau
- 31 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Nassau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nassau
Photos in NassauSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nassau Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paradise Island Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Juan Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponce Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- El Yunque National Forest Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Salt Cay Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Condado Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Sintra Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
- Atlantis at Paradise Island- 15 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Straw Market- 12 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Fort & Water Tower- 31 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Pirate Museum- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Paradise Island- 14 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Blue Lagoon Island- 9 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Queen's Staircase- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Cable Beach- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Parliament Square- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Ardastra Gardens- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
See All Nassau Things to Do