"Happiness is Quite O-Cay" Top 5 Page for this destination Nassau by XanderDone
Nassau Travel Guide: 655 reviews and 1,345 photos
This is one of the happiest places I've ever been to. From arrival into the New Providence Airport to departure from the same place, I felt the exhuberance of the happiness of the people here. Everyone is just so friendly and eager to help you. With a great and generous work ethic, the Bahamians seemed to go out of their way for me to have a better stay here. I think a key factor is to be very nice and happy to them, that way they know that you´re interested in their culture. When you show interest in their people and country, they go out of their way to make your stay a lot better.
Local foliage is purely enchanting in some areas. The array of tropical plants they have maintained here definately add to the charm of the country. Even the plants that they try to maintain but later forget about look beautiful in the end. It's a shame so many tourists pollute the area around the water tower and Queen Elizabeth's Staircase. The smell of rotting garbage detracts from the colonial beauty of the Historical Town of Nassau. Clinging onto every root of Bahamian heritage, the Bahamians aren't afraid to erect a new monument in honor to another important figure from within their borders. They still honor Queen Victoria and Christopher Columbus; their library even has archives of John Irving's quotations about Nassau.
Home to the distribution of many local crafts, Nassau is a grat place to start using your bargaining skills. You will be surprised at how low your prices will go in Nassau. It got to the point that I felt like I was literally stealing from them, so I went with their offer. They make up with their low craft prices with higher food and drink prices. Taxis charge a flat fee by person. Everything is so close together in Nassau that you really shouldn't bother hailing a cab. I suggest you not rent a car, because the cost of cabs or walking is relatively low, depending on how far away from the populated side of the island you wish to go.
- Pros:Happy, Chipper, Friendly
- Cons:Poor Living Conditions Make it Seem Worse
- In a nutshell:Kick Back and Down that Bahama Mama!
This is a local beach that has beautiful waters and a great view overlooking the Paradise Island Lighthouse and the... more travel advice
This is an outdoor market of over 100 vendors of straw products and more. You can get anything from t-shirts to little... more travel advice
XanderDone's Related Pages
Nassau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nassau - Capital of the Bahamas"
- "Islands in the sea"
- "Happiness is Quite O-Cay"
- "My Wonderful trip to Nassau"
- "Pics from diving the reef"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nassau
- Hotels in Nassau
- Transportation in Nassau
- Nightlife in Nassau
- Restaurants in Nassau
- Shopping in Nassau
- Warnings and Dangers in Nassau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nassau
- 31 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Nassau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nassau
Photos in NassauSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nassau Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paradise Island Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Juan Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponce Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- El Yunque National Forest Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Salt Cay Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Condado Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Sintra Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.