"What an Appropriate Name.." Top 5 Page for this destination Paradise Island by XanderDone

Paradise Island Travel Guide: 192 reviews and 371 photos

This is where the journey in the Bahamas began for me! All from the moment I saw my first Bahamian island, I knew that this was going to be one of the most beatuiful places I have ever seen. With everything at nearly sea-level, the air is clear and the spirit of the people is overwhelming. The entire time I was in the Bahamas I stayed at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. Since the resort owns or is affiliated with most of Paradise Island, one might say that this is really a VT page about Atlantis. Well, it is. The intent of this page is for me to give you my low-down and know-how about the Atlantis Resort.

I read someone else's VT page on the Bahamas, and it said that the Bahamians are focused on money. I strongly disagree. After being there for almost a week, I can tell you that it is NOT the Bahamians who place high price tags on things, it is the enterpreneurs who see that the Bahamas is a big tourist location and know they can make a big profit off of that. If you're coming to the Bahamas from a cruise ship, and you're looking for someplace inexpensive to eat, it's best to go on the outskirts of the city, and not stay around Prince George Wharf. There are so many things to do in the Bahamas for little money, and Paradise Island is a big exception. Unless you're planning on going all-out and spending a lot of money, Paradise Island is probably not where you want to be - it's as close to corporate America as the Bahamas can get (and that's pretty darn close, too).

• Pros:Beautiful, Perfect Family Place
  • Cons:Expensive
  • In a nutshell:You certainly get what you pay for.
  • Last visit to Paradise Island: Jun 2005
  • Intro Written Jun 24, 2005

• Jul 24, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Another great Port of Call that should be on everyone's travel, ...Kutcharitaville is Really "An Island in Paradise". We will see you There.....thanks a bunch,.......Bill Stubbs

• Bilimari's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Hello. just booked a trip to Paradise Island and am so happy!. Ok, keep a room key handy all the time... will come back to read the rest of your tips later. :)

XanderDone

“"Don't spoil it all just because you happen to think of one that could be better." - Sir Thomas More, 'Utopia'”

Badges & Stats in Paradise Island

Have you been to Paradise Island?

Latest Activity in Paradise Island