"What an Appropriate Name.." Top 5 Page for this destination Paradise Island by XanderDone
Paradise Island Travel Guide: 192 reviews and 371 photos
This is where the journey in the Bahamas began for me! All from the moment I saw my first Bahamian island, I knew that this was going to be one of the most beatuiful places I have ever seen. With everything at nearly sea-level, the air is clear and the spirit of the people is overwhelming. The entire time I was in the Bahamas I stayed at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. Since the resort owns or is affiliated with most of Paradise Island, one might say that this is really a VT page about Atlantis. Well, it is. The intent of this page is for me to give you my low-down and know-how about the Atlantis Resort.
I read someone else's VT page on the Bahamas, and it said that the Bahamians are focused on money. I strongly disagree. After being there for almost a week, I can tell you that it is NOT the Bahamians who place high price tags on things, it is the enterpreneurs who see that the Bahamas is a big tourist location and know they can make a big profit off of that. If you're coming to the Bahamas from a cruise ship, and you're looking for someplace inexpensive to eat, it's best to go on the outskirts of the city, and not stay around Prince George Wharf. There are so many things to do in the Bahamas for little money, and Paradise Island is a big exception. Unless you're planning on going all-out and spending a lot of money, Paradise Island is probably not where you want to be - it's as close to corporate America as the Bahamas can get (and that's pretty darn close, too).
- Pros:Beautiful, Perfect Family Place
- In a nutshell:You certainly get what you pay for.
On special nights, they have a standup comedian at nights here. It's just like what you see on television. Kind of... more travel advice
Your key will be monitored by hotel bouncers every morning to make sure you're really staying here. For some reason or... more travel advice
XanderDone's Related Pages
Paradise Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise Found"
- "What an Appropriate Name.."
- "A True Paradise Island (so Close to Miami & NY)"
- "Expensive Paradise"
- "Over the Bridge"
- "2002 Trip Part 5d -Atlantis-Digital Main Tank"
- "Great beaches."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paradise Island
- Hotels in Paradise Island
- Transportation in Paradise Island
- Nightlife in Paradise Island
- Restaurants in Paradise Island
- Shopping in Paradise Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Paradise Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paradise Island
- 26 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Paradise Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paradise Island
Photos in Paradise IslandSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nassau Intro, 31 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paradise Island Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Juan Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallahassee Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponce Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- El Yunque National Forest Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Salt Cay Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Condado Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Sintra Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.