"Yankari - A naturally beautiful and peaceful world" Yankari by Patrick-Egwu
Yankari Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 3 photos
Yankari National Park is Nigeria's most prominent wildlife area, and arguably West Africa's best wildlife viewing destination. Situated in the Nigerian state of Bauchi, the 866.48 sq mile park is drained by the year round river Gaji, that meanders its way through the park, in a northerly southerly manner.
Indeed, the park is a true heaven for wildlife, and proves that one does not have to go to Southern or Eastern Africa only, to see some of Africa's greatest wonders of nature. The park is home to such African wonders as the lion, elephant, buffalo, hippopotami, and the impressive Nile croccodile. In addition, there are several antelope species, especially the defassa waterb-buck, and bush-buck. Not forgetting the numerous troops of anubis baboons, patas monkeys, warthog families, birds galore, amongst others too numerous to mention.
Another main attraction is the Wikki Warm Springs, which is crystal-clear, disease free, and naturally warm.
- Pros:Guaranteed wildlife viewing in a natural but safe manner.
- Cons:Facilities for visitors are mostly managable, and must be improved upon.
- In a nutshell:I, like many others, have continued to come back to Yankari again and again.
Wildlife is often difficult to take a photo of, so a Zoom-Lens camera is what is needed. The difficulties are... more travel advice
Some people come to Yankari for the Wikki Warm Springs. However, others like myself, are here for the wildlife. If... more travel advice
- Limited Car Hire options/ or own...
- Wikki Warm Springs - a natural wonder.
Yankari Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yankari - A naturally beautiful and peaceful world"
- Create a Yankari Travel Page
- Things to Do in Yankari
- Hotels in Yankari
- Transportation in Yankari
- Restaurants in Yankari
- Shopping in Yankari
- Warnings and Dangers in Yankari
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yankari
- 10 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Yankari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yankari
- updated a Yankari Travel Page "Yankari - A naturally beautiful and peaceful world"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A few extras..........."
- Wrote a Review Lots of waterbuck and elephants. in Yankari General
No friends yet.