"Perak - Damai Laut - Ipoh" Ipoh by rejoice

Ipoh Travel Guide: 251 reviews and 823 photos

A trip after Tsunami

Hi!
Actually I had already put some info and pictures for the above trip. However, accidently I deleted the travel page. Sob, sob! Can't get this page back again.
Anyway, will try to re-write again (based on my fading memory)..Thank you for those who gave me advices to find it back, at least I got back the tips on accommodation. ..
Ref: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/discussion-225327-1-1-Technical-0-0-World-discussion.html#answerID_1544695
8 )

In summary, we visited Lumut, a fishing village, a town not far from Pulau Pangkor. We could actually catch a ferry to Pulau Pangkor. However, to be safe, we just stayed at shore.

The place we spent a night is called Damai Laut.

Kellie's castle

An unfinished mansion builted by Sir William Kellie Smith, an English rubber plant owner in 1915. Before the 'castle' was completed, Smith left for England where he died in 1926.

Nice place to visit because of it uniqueness - it has hidden rooms and a secret tunnel.

It can be found if drove on the road leading to Batu Gajah (40 km south of Ipoh).

Tambun Lost World

It is actually a mini 'Sunway Lagoon' situated in Ipoh.

It is just situated next to a huge limestone mountain. It has its own charm. Other than the usual water adventure (such as water slides, wave pool, kids pools, swing caroousel for dry fun etc..), there is a 100% natural spiring fed bathing pool (Tambun Hot springs) and a Tiger Valley!

You can find more info on Tambun Lost World at Website: www.sunway.com.my/lostworldof tambun

• Last visit to Ipoh: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated May 2, 2006

Comments

rejoice

“A wonderful way to enrich your life.”

Ranked Member