"Perak - Damai Laut - Ipoh" Ipoh by rejoice
Ipoh Travel Guide: 263 reviews and 862 photos
Actually I had already put some info and pictures for the above trip. However, accidently I deleted the travel page. Sob, sob! Can't get this page back again.
Anyway, will try to re-write again (based on my fading memory)..Thank you for those who gave me advices to find it back, at least I got back the tips on accommodation. ..
In summary, we visited Lumut, a fishing village, a town not far from Pulau Pangkor. We could actually catch a ferry to Pulau Pangkor. However, to be safe, we just stayed at shore.
The place we spent a night is called Damai Laut.
An unfinished mansion builted by Sir William Kellie Smith, an English rubber plant owner in 1915. Before the 'castle' was completed, Smith left for England where he died in 1926.
Nice place to visit because of it uniqueness - it has hidden rooms and a secret tunnel.
It can be found if drove on the road leading to Batu Gajah (40 km south of Ipoh).
It is actually a mini 'Sunway Lagoon' situated in Ipoh.
It is just situated next to a huge limestone mountain. It has its own charm. Other than the usual water adventure (such as water slides, wave pool, kids pools, swing caroousel for dry fun etc..), there is a 100% natural spiring fed bathing pool (Tambun Hot springs) and a Tiger Valley!
You can find more info on Tambun Lost World at Website: www.sunway.com.my/lostworldof tambun
Don't miss the Siberian tigers at Tambun Lost World's Tiger Valley when you plan to visit Ipoh. more travel advice
rejoice's Related Pages
Ipoh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ipoh-of Pomelos, Limestone Caves & Cantonese Food"
- "The City That Tin Built"
- "Ipoh - Capital of Perak"
- "Welcome to Ipoh"
- "Ipoh city"
- "A Nostalgic Town"
- "Ipoh - Ngah Choy Kye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ipoh
- Hotels in Ipoh
- Transportation in Ipoh
- Nightlife in Ipoh
- Restaurants in Ipoh
- Shopping in Ipoh
- Warnings and Dangers in Ipoh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ipoh
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Ipoh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ipoh
- Wrote a Review Tiger Valley @ Tambun Lost World in Ipoh Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tiger Valley @ Tambun Lost World"
- updated a Ipoh Travel Page "Perak - Damai Laut - Ipoh"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: RE: Help! I accidently..."
- Commented on one of airasia's Ipoh travel pages
Top 5 Pages
- Ipoh Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Negeri Johor Intro, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Singapore Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue