"Kennecott Mine" McCarthy by Aurora907
McCarthy Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
The Kennecott Mines are a great area for hikes and offer many photo opportunities. It is approximately 3 hours from Chitina as you cannot too drive fast. There are many potholes, old railroad spikes and curvy turns that keep you from speeding.
Be sure to bring lots of film or memory cards, as there is much to photograph both of natural scenes and historical.
- Pros:You get to go into Wrangell St. Elias National Park
- Cons:It takes a while to get there
- In a nutshell:Well worth it, especially if you have a few extra days to hike and see glaciers, wildlife, and more!!!
Aurora907's Related Pages
McCarthy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pretty Far Out There"
- "Kennecott Mine"
- "Road to McCarthy"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in McCarthy
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to McCarthy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in McCarthy
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fairbanks Intro, 26 reviews, 56 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chena Hot Springs Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valdez Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haines Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Healy Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Long Beach Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Pole Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Chitina Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Nags Head Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos