"Fairbanks - The Golden Heart of Alaska" Top 5 Page for this destination Fairbanks by Aurora907

Fairbanks Travel Guide: 315 reviews and 496 photos

The Last Frontier

Alaska is truly the Last Frontier. I live in Fairbanks, the most extreme of the state as far as year round temperatures go. In the summer, we can see temperatures up to 100 degrees F. In the winters we can sometimes get to 60 degrees below zero. It has of course gotten colder, but not every year. The last 5-10 years have certainly brought milder temperatures...even RAIN in January!!!

Wildlife in your own backyard!

This is a 6 month old moose that has been eating the berries from chokecherry trees around my house. Still big for a baby!!!

March 2007 is when we have our next World Ice Art Festival!!! I plan on taking LOTS of photos! I'll also play tour guide to folks who come here from all over the world!

• Pros:Friendly people, the arts, a Melting Pot in it's own right, outdoor sports and activities, wildlife
  • Cons:so far and expensive to travel in or out of
  • In a nutshell:A very unique place to live...this coming from a girl whom left Long Island, NY at the age of 18!!!
  • Intro Updated Apr 7, 2006

• Hildeal's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Hi, great page! I really want to visit Alaska one day! Is it possible to fly directly to Fairbanks from Europe?

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Still in Squarebanks, eh? Birthday greetings from Kodiak!

• Knoto's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Mhhhh, very interresting your area!Greetings from Germany,Peter

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Thank you Debbie ever so much indeed. It is very thoughtful of you to send such birthday lovely compliments that I highly appreciate. Let me wish you as well a long, prosperous and ever verrrry happy life by far •:*¨`*:•♫ (~_~)

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2008 at 6:34 AM

nice page!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2007 at 6:56 PM

Interesting page, Fairbanks definitely has its own glow. And Debbie... Fairbanks is a LONG way from Long Island, NY. :)

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2007 at 7:16 PM

I've heard about the Iditarod for years--do people gather at the finish line when they are told a team is coming in? Also, I had no idea that it got so hot in Alaska--go figure! Regards from Texas...

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 5:55 AM

The hair is readily apparent in your 'rehearsing for stand-up' picture and the boat on the river shot!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2006 at 3:06 PM

the ice sculptures look great. they doo a similar thing in lubeck, germany each year

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 10:11 PM

Hi Debbie! Beatufil page, interesting tips with lovely photos. Why aren't I tempted to go there? Probably because winter is cold enough here! Seriously I'd love to visit Alaska one day! The introduction photos are great! Happy Birthday!!!

Aurora907 Lives Here!

Aurora907

“This world is the world of wild storms kept tame with the music of beauty. --- Rabindranath Tagore”

Badges & Stats in Fairbanks

Have you been to Fairbanks?

Latest Activity in Fairbanks