"Chachapoyas" Top 5 Page for this destination Chachapoyas by devillush
Chachapoyas Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 161 photos
My mum's friend was born in Chachapoyas which was the reason for our visit here but I discovered many other reasons to make the effort to reach Chachapoyas. For anyone interested in anthropology or archaeology this area of Peru is a goldmine! There are so many recently discovered and relatively unknown sites around Chachapoyas that can be explored without too many other people around. If you're sick of crowded tourist zones, this is the place to be to really get an up close and personal view of Peru.
The town of Chachapoyas itself is a beautiful place to wander around and get to know some locals and relax.
And the countryside around Chachapoyas is breathtakingly beautiful. Hire a car or wear your good walking shoes and explore!
- Pros:tranquil, untouristy, amazing archaeology
- Cons:not so straightforward to get to....be prepared for long bumpy roads
A few hours by car out of Chachapoyas are the Karajia sarcophogii perched on a mountainside. There is a small museum in... more travel advice
devillush's Related Pages
Chachapoyas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chachapoyas et les mystères de l'Amazonas"
- "Chachapoyas: a Jewel of Northern Peru"
- "Trekking in Chachapoyas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chachapoyas
- Hotels in Chachapoyas
- Transportation in Chachapoyas
- Restaurants in Chachapoyas
- Warnings and Dangers in Chachapoyas
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chachapoyas
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Chachapoyas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chachapoyas
Photos in ChachapoyasSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chachapoyas Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Arequipa 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Camagüey Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Jasper National Park Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Salta 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Cusco Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Santiago de Cuba 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Foz do Iguaçu Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.