"Visitor for 17 years - Local for under 1 year" Pagosa Springs by llmlwm
Pagosa Springs Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 26 photos
We vacationed in Pagosa Springs area for many years. We have stayed in hotels and also in Forest Service campgrounds. The scenery is breath taking and the local residents were always warm and friendly. The area is never short of local and year around activities.
There is a quaint downtown shopping area which sits across from the San Juan River. The most noticeable tourist / local attraction is the natural hot springs. There are several Spa areas where you can soak in the natural hot mineral springs. The odor (that of boiled eggs) of the hot springs probably causes many who are simply passing through town to wonder "What is that?!" The main Spa is great local entertainment to watch "soakers" in the winter from the river area. As the spa dwellers rise from the hot water, the steam rolls off their bodies. (Great entertainment for our 5 & 7 year old boys!)
If you are looking for a great place to hike, bike, walk, horseback ride with wonderful mountain views and scenery in a small town with friendly locals....Pagosa Springs is a great place to visit....and live!
- Pros:Friendly and beautiful town
- Cons:90 miles to a major shopping mall for teenage daughters
- In a nutshell:Great place to visit or live!
Pagosa Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pagosa Springs"
- "Pagosa Springs - a funny little town"
- "Pagosa Springs, CO - The Most Beautiful Place!"
- "Visitor for 17 years - Local for under 1 year"
- "Rocky Mountain High"
- "Pagosa Springs Colorado"
- "The Hot Springs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pagosa Springs
- Hotels in Pagosa Springs
- Transportation in Pagosa Springs
- Restaurants in Pagosa Springs
- Warnings and Dangers in Pagosa Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pagosa Springs
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Pagosa Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pagosa Springs
No friends yet.