"Pushkar king of kings" Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar by munki
Pushkar Travel Guide: 190 reviews and 783 photos
Pushkar is a lovely religious town in the middle of the desert. It is a heaven of peace and tranquillity if you are coming from big metropolis as Delhi, Agra or Jaipur.
Pushkar is one of the most visited towns in Rajasthan and holds the largest camel market in the world during the October or November full moon.
Life happens around the lake ghats, sacred temples and main bazaar market stalls.
Accommodation in Puskhar is not a problem as there a hundreds of basic and cheap guesthouses. Some of them offer great views of the lake from their rooftops.
Brahmaji Mandir temple is located at the west of the Puskhar Lake.
The temple has an image of Brahma who according to legend threw a lotus flower to earth and formed 3 lakes where the petals landed.
Best thing to do in Puskhar is to stroll around the lake visiting the numerous temples and ghats and watch the pilgrims worship at the lake shore.
There are also lots of fauna by the lake, the local cows, monkeys and pigeons have an easy life here.
Brahmaji Mandir temple is located at the west of the Puskhar Lake. The temple has an image of Brahma who according to... more travel advice
The main bazaar is packed with stalls that care for the thousands of pilgrims and backpacker that visit the lake during... more travel advice
munki's Related Pages
Pushkar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pushkar Holy Lake"
- "Holy Pushkar...."
- "Pushkar - A pond created by a flower"
- "Pushkar king of kings"
- "Pushkar - a holy Hindu pilgrimage town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pushkar
- Hotels in Pushkar
- Transportation in Pushkar
- Nightlife in Pushkar
- Restaurants in Pushkar
- Shopping in Pushkar
- Warnings and Dangers in Pushkar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pushkar
- 8 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Pushkar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pushkar
Top 10 Pages
- Norway Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cornwall Intro, 32 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- India Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Devon Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkar Intro, 8 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaisalmer Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orchha Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dorset Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos