"Cheeeese! :-)" Gouda by Robert_Hun
Gouda Travel Guide: 177 reviews and 437 photos
Gouda becomes a sort of theme park every Thursday from mid June through August when the cheese market (Kaasmarkt) takes place.
Although Gouda cheese is no longer made in Gouda, the town has kept its old charm and the weekly cheese market is a really great event to visit. The market takes place on the main square, behind the Stadhuis (Town Hall). The clock strikes every half-hour and colorful parading figures can be seen by the castle door.
The factory of the famous round cheese is situated in Bleksengraaf near the Markt.
The Cheese Exposeum shows you the production of the various cheeses and also gives you a taste of it.
Robert_Hun's Related Pages
Gouda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gouda - Lovely Dutch city!"
- "A trip to Gouda"
- "Say Cheeeeese"
- "close by for a day out"
- "Gouda: a town full of suprises"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gouda
- Hotels in Gouda
- Transportation in Gouda
- Restaurants in Gouda
- Shopping in Gouda
- Warnings and Dangers in Gouda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gouda
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Gouda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gouda
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 6 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hungary Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bombay Island Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Gouda hotel reviews
- Hotel De Keizerskroon
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 24, 2013