"My hometown, Budapest" Budapest by Robert_Hun
Budapest Travel Guide: 7,747 reviews and 17,994 photos
I live in Budapest since my birth, March 1973.
It's a very "eclectic" and rhapsodic town (maybe you heard some of Liszt's rhapsodies... :-))
I'm lucky to have a workplace near some real beauties of the city: the Danube, the Chain Bridge, the Gresham Palace and the house of the Hungarian Academy of Siences.
It represents the whole country but is still a lot different from all the rest.
It has beautiful sights and places while some parts look quite depressing. It gives you a different feeling in each season and its inhabitants are very diverse, too.
Budapest is beautiful not only by day but by night, too.
Spots to be seen at night: Chain Bridge (probably the most spectacular), Buda Castle, Fisherman Bastion, Parliament, Citadel with the Liberty Statue and the waterfall on Gellert Hill opposite Elizabeth Bridge, Heroes' Square and Vajdahunyad Castle in the neighborhood.
The best spots to view from are the Fisherman Bastion in the Castle Hill and the Citadel on Gellert Hill (what you can see on the picture).
- Pros:Beautifully situated, rich architecture, good music and food; gripping and romantic
- Cons:Crowded (traffic jams), in some places dirty (untidy), a bit moody people
- In a nutshell:It's a good mixture of East and West, North and South of Europe
Even if you don't want (or don't have time) to visit the museum itself, it's worth having a look at it from outside as... more travel advice
A quite interesting and spectacular although a bit bizarr monument in memory of the horrible era of the so-called... more travel advice
Robert_Hun's Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "BIG, BUSTLING, BEAUTIFUL, BUDAPEST!"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 22 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 6 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hungary Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bombay Island Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues