"Horse-riding and hiking" Szilvasvarad by Robert_Hun
Szilvasvarad Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 33 photos
Szilvasvarad is the home of the stud of the famous type of horse called Lipica (Slovenia).
There are lots of intersting and nice sights and a great landscape (mainly pine-forest) around. The area east of Szilvasvarad is called Bukki Nemzeti Park (Bukk National Park) named by the mountain Bukk (it means beech) that has the highest point (959m) only 5 km from the village.
One of the funniest attraction is the little train which goes from Szilvasvarad to the peak where there is a nice spring and a waterfall called Fatyol-vizeses.
There are many other sights around, eg. the prison museum (see my tip and travelogue).
I didn't stay here but it looked a very good place esp. for motorcyclists :-) It has a good website in English and... more travel advice
Robert_Hun's Related Pages
Szilvasvarad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Horse-riding and hiking"
- "Szilvasvarad - a fairy tale"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Szilvasvarad
- Hotels in Szilvasvarad
- Transportation in Szilvasvarad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Szilvasvarad
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Szilvasvarad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Szilvasvarad
Photos in SzilvasvaradSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 6 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hungary Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bombay Island Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues