"Wild beach - crazy fish market" Negombo by Robert_Hun
Negombo Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 196 photos
The beach at the hotel line is really great, there are quite big waves but still funny to swim in.
Although Negombo has almost 100,000 inhabitants, it still looks like a big village - with some nice canals.
Negombo is 40 km's north from Colombo and only 20 km's from Bandaranaike International Airport.
It has some good local markets (esp. the fish market - see my Must See tip).
- Pros:Great beach, great markets, close to Colombo
- Cons:Mosquitos, a bit dirty town
- In a nutshell:I cannot compare it with other beaches in SL but I enjoyed it a lot
There are many boats along the beach. They belong mostly to fishermen who sometimes offer tourists a boat trip around... more travel advice
Robert_Hun's Related Pages
Negombo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Negombo - Fisherman's Village"
- "Negombo AKA Little Rome"
- "Negombo - the best airport waitroom!"
- "Exotic and Remote Sri Lanka"
- "Negombo: You can do better than this."
- "Wild beach - crazy fish market"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negombo
- Hotels in Negombo
- Transportation in Negombo
- Nightlife in Negombo
- Restaurants in Negombo
- Shopping in Negombo
- Warnings and Dangers in Negombo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negombo
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Negombo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negombo
Photos in NegomboSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 6 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hungary Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bombay Island Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues