"India's biggest and richest city" Bombay Island by Robert_Hun
Bombay Island Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 113 photos
is symbolized mainly by the Victoria Station which is located in the neighborhood called Fort, north of the area called Colaba (the southern tip of Mumbai), the real tourist hub which includes the famous
Mumbai (the new name of Bombay since 1995) is the industrial hub responsible for half of India's foreign trade and paying almost 40% of India's taxes.
Originally home to Koli fisherfolk, Bombay today is a dynamic and vibrant city drawing thousands of fortune-seekers every day from all over India. The current population of cca. 18 million is estimated to grow up to 28 million by 2015.
- Pros:Colorful, exciting, most parts are surprisingly clean and tidy
- Cons:Hot and humid, big traffic, noisy, overcrowded
- In a nutshell:Mixture and contrasts
A bit further away (30 km) from downtown, a public beach which is popular with the local folks. It is especially crowded... more travel advice
This railway station is a baroque, cathedral-like building with vaulted roofs, arches, Gothic spires, flying buttresses,... more travel advice
Robert_Hun's Related Pages
Bombay Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bombay (Mumbai) - The City of Contrasts"
- "India's biggest and richest city"
- "bombay trip"
- ""Bombay meri Jaan" This is Bombay - My Love"
- "City of Joy"
- "My birthplace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bombay Island
- Hotels in Bombay Island
- Transportation in Bombay Island
- Restaurants in Bombay Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Bombay Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tetlin Junction Hotels
- Kuala Terengganu
- Saint Louis
- Mo i Rana
- Kampong Keramat Dalam Hotels
- Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Whitemarsh Island Hotels
- Lago di Mezzola Hotels
- Traverse City Hotels
- The Bahamas
- Wichita Falls
- Grand Cayman
Badges & Stats in Bombay Island
- 5 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bombay Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bombay Island
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 22 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 6 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hungary Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 7 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 2 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Jaipur Intro, 3 reviews, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bombay Island Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues