"Puerto Plata" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Puerto Plata by AlexH2004
Provincia de Puerto Plata Travel Guide: 469 reviews and 1,121 photos
The town of Puerto Plata is really cool, the center of town has a lot of old victorian homes. The cable car up the mountain was worth the trip, about $5. The old fort on the malecon "ocean drive" was smaller than we had imagined but very interesing. We also found most of the people were very nice and helpful. Some of the tour guides were a bit pushy though.
We visited an orphanage and the kids were too much! It is great to see people with so little so happy, we learned a lot. We brought notebooks and pencils which were great to give away.
- Pros:Neat town, lots to see, culture, weather
- Cons:pushy tour and taxi guides
- In a nutshell:We hope to make it back
We took a excursion off to Dajbon and Montechristi. It is a 4 hour trip but a good adventure. The Haitian market in... more travel advice
Good food at a reasonable price. Lot of variety from sushi to seafood and burgers. Nice setting and good service. The... more travel advice
AlexH2004's Related Pages
Provincia de Puerto Plata Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Dominican Republic"
- "**Umfufu's Puerto Plata Page**"
- "Christmas Vacation 2006"
- "School's out, welcome Puerto Plata !!!"
- "Puerto Plata"
- "Caribbean break"
- "Patricialuv's new Puerto Plata Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincia de Puerto Plata
- Hotels in Provincia de Puerto Plata
- Transportation in Provincia de Puerto Plata
- Nightlife in Provincia de Puerto Plata
- Restaurants in Provincia de Puerto Plata
- Shopping in Provincia de Puerto Plata
- Warnings and Dangers in Provincia de Puerto Plata
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia de Puerto Plata
- 8 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Provincia de Puerto Plata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia de Puerto Plata
Photos in Provincia de Puerto PlataSee All Photos (6)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Puerto Plata Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Copán Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Puerto Plata 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.