"Bula! bula!!!" Nadi by Robdaz
Nadi Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 296 photos
The early morning flight on Air New Zealand was uneventful until the plane was about to land on Nadi Airport. The plane with the landing gear down, ground fast approaching and everyone expecting to hear the bump of plane against tarmac when we hear the roar of jet engine and the us heading skyward . Landing aborted, the pilot annouced that he is just giving us more value for money by giving us a tour of the harbour by circling around for a second attempt. Phew! second time around everything was smooth S. Let the holiday begin.
I was in Fiji and more specifically in Denarau for only 4 days on a company function, so couldn't really tell you much about Fiji other than, that the resorts there are great and the people very friendly and welcoming. Everywhere you go you will hear Bula!
Fiji, what do l like about it. In fact , I should say what do I like about Denarau.
Love the friendly fijians, and most of them seem genuine enough with their greetings and smile. The beach and water are warm, infact I went for a midnight swim with a couple of friends at night until something stung us, not sure what it is but we move the party to the swimming pool after that.
Love the hope on and hope off Bula Bus the go around Denarau and the long strech of sandy beach, great for my morning jog.
The beautiful roof of the bure and coconut palms everywhere. Wish I can take one of those bure home place it in my garden back home. A bure carving will do for now until I win Lotto.
Overall it was great, wish I could have more time to explore the real fiji, not just the resort area. I got a feelinng I will be back for more of that Fijian Island time. Next time maybe there will be opportunity to visit the interiors and the outlying white sandy islands.
- Pros:The warm sunny weather.
- Cons:The humidity.
Robdaz's Related Pages
Nadi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Port Denarau is the port of Nadi"
- "Warm greetings"
- "Dinner with a local family"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nadi
- Hotels in Nadi
- Transportation in Nadi
- Nightlife in Nadi
- Restaurants in Nadi
- Shopping in Nadi
- Warnings and Dangers in Nadi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nadi
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Nadi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nadi
Top 10 Pages
- Auckland Intro, 27 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Reinga Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tutukaka Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Matauri Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Puhoi Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Kerikeri Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos