"The Mount." Mount Maunganui by Robdaz
Mount Maunganui Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 152 photos
I have been to Mount Maunganui a number of times . It is a great holiday destination with fantastic surf and white sandy beaches. In the summer especially on the weekend, this place is packed.
The main town itself is only a few minutes drive from Tauranga's city centre and is dominated by apartment building and a few shops and lots of cafes.
With the perfect blue sky and sea providing the backdrop, main beach is a great place to relax , catch the sun and watch a game of volleyball, surfing and other beach goers doing their thing.
If you looking for something a little quiet and less crowded head down the main road towards Papamoa Domain and the long stretch of white sandy Papamoa Beach, about 10 minutes drive away.
- Pros:Beautiful sands, party town
- Cons:Crowded, noisy, party town!
Robdaz's Related Pages
Mount Maunganui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mauao/Mt Maunganui, Bay of Plenty"
- "MOUNT MAUNGANUI....MAGNIFICENT!!!"
- "Mount Maunganui - A Great Beach Resort!"
- "Mount up and Head Out!"
- "Mount Maunganui North Island"
- "Christmas 2005 New Zealand"
- "Bay of Plenty - an interesting region to visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Maunganui
- Hotels in Mount Maunganui
- Transportation in Mount Maunganui
- Restaurants in Mount Maunganui
- Shopping in Mount Maunganui
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Maunganui
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mount Maunganui
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Mount Maunganui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Maunganui
Top 10 Pages
- Auckland Intro, 27 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Reinga Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tutukaka Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Matauri Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Puhoi Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Kerikeri Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos